The uniform distribution as a first practical approach to new product inventory management
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glen, Andrew G. & Leemis, Lawrence M. & Drew, John H., 2004. "Computing the distribution of the product of two continuous random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 451-464, January.
- George R. Murray, Jr. & Edward A. Silver, 1966. "A Bayesian Analysis of the Style Goods Inventory Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(11), pages 785-797, July.
- Johansen, Soren Glud & Thorstenson, Anders, 1993. "Optimal and approximate (Q, r) inventory policies with lost sales and gamma-distributed lead time," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 179-194, July.
- Hirofumi Matsuo, 1990. "A Stochastic Sequencing Problem for Style Goods with Forecast Revisions and Hierarchical Structure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 332-347, March.
- Warren H. Hausman & Rein Peterson, 1972. "Multiproduct Production Scheduling for Style Goods with Limited Capacity, Forecast Revisions and Terminal Delivery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(7), pages 370-383, March.
- de Alba, Enrique & Mendoza, Manuel, 2001. "Forecasting an Accumulated Series Based on Partial Accumulation: A Bayesian Method for Short Series with Seasonal Patterns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(1), pages 95-102, January.
- Chandrasekhar Das, 1976. "Approximate Solution to the (Q, r) Inventory Model for Gamma Lead Time Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(9), pages 1043-1047, May.
- Martin A. Lariviere & Evan L. Porteus, 1999. "Stalking Information: Bayesian Inventory Management with Unobserved Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 346-363, March.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming (Jason) & Li, Duan & Yan, Houmin, 2006. "Quick response policy with Bayesian information updates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(3), pages 788-808, May.
- Marshall Fisher & Kumar Rajaram & Ananth Raman, 2001. "Optimizing Inventory Replenishment of Retail Fashion Products," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 230-241, November.
- G. Hadley & T. M. Whitin, 1961. "A Family of Inventory Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 351-371, July.
- David J. Braden & Marshall Freimer, 1991. "Informational Dynamics of Censored Observations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(11), pages 1390-1404, November.
- Janssen, Fred & Heuts, Ruud & de Kok, Ton, 1998. "On the (R, s, Q) inventory model when demand is modelled as a compound Bernoulli process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 423-436, February.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming, 2007. "Pre-season stocking and pricing decisions for fashion retailers with multiple information updating," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 146-170, March.
- Gary D. Eppen & Ananth. V. Iyer, 1997. "Backup Agreements in Fashion Buying---The Value of Upstream Flexibility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1469-1484, November.
- Mostard, Julien & de Koster, Rene & Teunter, Ruud, 2005. "The distribution-free newsboy problem with resalable returns," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 329-342, September.
- Vishal Gaur & Saravanan Kesavan & Ananth Raman & Marshall L. Fisher, 2007. "Estimating Demand Uncertainty Using Judgmental Forecasts," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 480-491, April.
- Shore, Haim, 1999. "Optimal solutions for stochastic inventory models when the lead-time demand distribution is partially specified," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-3), pages 477-485, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:114:y:2008:i:2:p:811-819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.