Estimating Demand Uncertainty Using Judgmental Forecasts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morris A. Cohen & Teck H. Ho & Z. Justin Ren & Christian Terwiesch, 2003. "Measuring Imputed Cost in the Semiconductor Equipment Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(12), pages 1653-1670, December.
- Munier, Francis & Ronde, Patrick, 2001. "The role of knowledge codification in the emergence of consensus under uncertainty: empirical analysis and policy implications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1537-1551, December.
- Ajinkya, Bipin B & Gift, Michael J, 1985. " Dispersion of Financial Analysts' Earnings Forecasts and the (Option Model) Implied Standard Deviaitons of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1353-1365, December.
- Harvey, A C, 1976. "Estimating Regression Models with Multiplicative Heteroscedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 461-465, May.
- Christian Terwiesch & Christoph H. Loch, 1999. "Measuring the Effectiveness of Overlapping Development Activities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(4), pages 455-465, April.
- Werner F. M. De Bondt & William P. Forbes*, 1999. "Herding in analyst earnings forecasts: evidence from the United Kingdom," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 5(2), pages 143-163.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 1982. "Risk and Return: A New Look," NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Roles of Debt and Equity in Financing U.S. Capital Formation, pages 27-46 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George T. Milkovich & Anthony J. Annoni & Thomas A. Mahoney, 1972. "The Use of the Delphi Procedures in Manpower Forecasting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(4-Part-1), pages 381-388, December.
- Norman Dalkey & Olaf Helmer, 1963. "An Experimental Application of the DELPHI Method to the Use of Experts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 458-467, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vilkkumaa, Eeva & Liesiö, Juuso & Salo, Ahti, 2014. "Optimal strategies for selecting project portfolios using uncertain value estimates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 772-783.
- Manikas, Andrew S. & Patel, Pankaj C., 2016. "Managing sales surprise: The role of operational slack and volume flexibility," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 101-116.
- He, Yuxuan & Liu, Nan, 2015. "Methodology of emergency medical logistics for public health emergencies," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 178-200.
- Thomas Post & Katja Hanewald, 2010. "Stochastic Mortality, Subjective Survival Expectations, and Individual Saving Behavior," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-040, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Goodwin, Paul & Meeran, Sheik & Dyussekeneva, Karima, 2014. "The challenges of pre-launch forecasting of adoption time series for new durable products," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1082-1097.
- Önkal, Dilek & Zeynep Sayım, K. & Lawrence, Michael, 2012. "Wisdom of group forecasts: Does role-playing play a role?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 693-702.
- Post, Thomas & Hanewald, Katja, 2013.
"Longevity risk, subjective survival expectations, and individual saving behavior,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 200-220.
- Thomas Post & Katja Hanewald, 2011. "Longevity Risk, Subjective Survival Expectations, and Individual Saving Behavior," Working Papers 201111, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Stößlein, Martin & Kanet, John Jack & Gorman, Mike & Minner, Stefan, 2014. "Time-phased safety stocks planning and its financial impacts: Empirical evidence based on European econometric data," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 47-55.
- Marcelo Olivares & Gérard P. Cachon, 2009. "Competing Retailers and Inventory: An Empirical Investigation of General Motors' Dealerships in Isolated U.S. Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1586-1604, September.
- Wanke, Peter F., 2008. "The uniform distribution as a first practical approach to new product inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 811-819, August.
- Kate J. Li & Duncan K. H. Fong & Susan H. Xu, 2011. "Managing Trade-in Programs Based on Product Characteristics and Customer Heterogeneity in Business-to-Business Markets," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 108-123, October.
More about this item
Keywordsdemand uncertainty; forecast dispersion; heteroscedasticity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:9:y:2007:i:4:p:480-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .