Heavy investment and high pollution as rational choices under socialism
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saint-Paul, Gilles & Verdier, Thierry, 1992.
"Education, Democracy and Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Usher, Dan, 1977.
"The welfare economics of the socialization of commodities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Dan Usher, 1976. "The Welfare Economics of the Socialization of Commodities," Working Papers 218, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-27, October.
- James Buchanan, 1970. "Notes for an Economic theory of socialism," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 29-43, March.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1991.
"Socialist economic growth and political investment cycles,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 141-157, July.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1991. "Socialist economic growth and political investment cycles," Policy Research Working Paper Series 615, The World Bank.
- Wintrobe,Ronald, 1998. "The Political Economy of Dictatorship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521583299, June.
- James Buchanan, 1971. "Principles of urban fiscal strategy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, September.
- Robert Spann, 1974. "Collective consumption of private goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 63-81, December.
- Mario Ferrero, 1993. "Why Were Investment Ratios So High in Soviet-Type Economies? A Public Choice Approach," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-14, Winter.
- Kraft, Evan & Vodopivec, Milan, 1992.
"How soft is the budget constraint for Yugoslav firms?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 432-455, September.
- Kraft, Evan & Vodopivec, Milan, 1992. "How soft is the budget constraint for Yugoslav firms?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 937, The World Bank.
- Albert Breton, 1964. "The Economics of Nationalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 376.
- Dollar David, 1994. "Macroeconomic Management and the Transition to the Market in Vietnam," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 357-375, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:15:y:1999:i:2:p:257-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.