Heavy investment and high pollution as rational choices under socialism
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Buchanan, 1970. "Notes for an Economic theory of socialism," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 29-43, March.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles & Verdier, Thierry, 1992.
"Education, Democracy and Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dollar David, 1994. "Macroeconomic Management and the Transition to the Market in Vietnam," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 357-375, June.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1991.
"Socialist economic growth and political investment cycles,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 141-157, July.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1991. "Socialist economic growth and political investment cycles," Policy Research Working Paper Series 615, The World Bank.
- Mario Ferrero, 1993. "Why Were Investment Ratios So High in Soviet-Type Economies? A Public Choice Approach," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-14, Winter.
- Usher, Dan, 1977.
"The welfare economics of the socialization of commodities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Dan Usher, 1976. "The Welfare Economics of the Socialization of Commodities," Working Papers 218, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kraft, Evan & Vodopivec, Milan, 1992.
"How soft is the budget constraint for Yugoslav firms?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 432-455, September.
- Kraft, Evan & Vodopivec, Milan, 1992. "How soft is the budget constraint for Yugoslav firms?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 937, The World Bank.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-27, October.
- James Buchanan, 1971. "Principles of urban fiscal strategy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521794497 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521583299 is not listed on IDEAS
- Albert Breton, 1964. "The Economics of Nationalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 376.
- Robert Spann, 1974. "Collective consumption of private goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 63-81, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:15:y:1999:i:2:p:257-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.