Evaluating volatile stock markets using information theoretic measures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saumitra N. Bhaduri, 2014.
"Applying Approximate Entropy (ApEn) to Speculative Bubble in the Stock Market,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 13(1), pages 43-68, April.
- Saumitra, Bhaduri, 2012. "Applying approximate entropy (ApEn) to speculative bubble in the stock market," MPRA Paper 38015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Imen Mahmoud & Kamel Naoui & Hatem Jemmali, 2013. "Study of Speculative Bubbles: The Contribution of Approximate Entropy," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 683-693.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Petr Jizba & Hagen Kleinert & Mohammad Shefaat, 2011. "Renyi's information transfer between financial time series," Papers 1106.5913, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Jizba, Petr & Kleinert, Hagen & Shefaat, Mohammad, 2012. "Rényi’s information transfer between financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(10), pages 2971-2989.
- Xia, Jianan & Shang, Pengjian & Wang, Jing & Shi, Wenbin, 2014. "Classifying of financial time series based on multiscale entropy and multiscale time irreversibility," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 400(C), pages 151-158.
- Huang, Jingjing & Shang, Pengjian & Zhao, Xiaojun, 2012. "Multifractal diffusion entropy analysis on stock volatility in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(22), pages 5739-5745.
- Namaki, A. & Koohi Lai, Z. & Jafari, G.R. & Raei, R. & Tehrani, R., 2013. "Comparing emerging and mature markets during times of crises: A non-extensive statistical approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(14), pages 3039-3044.
- Eom, Cheoljun & Oh, Gabjin & Jung, Woo-Sung, 2008. "Relationship between efficiency and predictability in stock price change," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(22), pages 5511-5517.
More about this item
KeywordsVolatility; Financial markets; Shannon entropy; Shannon entropy estimators; Tsallis entropy; Renyi entropy; Approximate entropy; Sample entropy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:537:y:2020:i:c:s0378437119315444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.