An ideal gas approach to classify countries using financial indices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parameswaran Gopikrishnan & Vasiliki Plerou & Luis A. Nunes Amaral & Martin Meyer & H. Eugene Stanley, 1999. "Scaling of the distribution of fluctuations of financial market indices," Papers cond-mat/9905305, arXiv.org.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421-421.
- de Mattos Neto, Paulo S.G. & Silva, David A. & Ferreira, Tiago A.E. & Cavalcanti, George D.C., 2011. "Market volatility modeling for short time window," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3444-3453.
- Gligor, Mircea & Ausloos, Marcel, 2008.
"Convergence and Cluster Structures in EU Area according to Fluctuations in Macroeconomic Indices,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 297-330.
- Mircea Gligor & Marcel Ausloos, 2008. "Convergence and cluster structures in EU area according to fluctuations in macroeconomic indices," Papers 0805.3071, arXiv.org.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Silva, A. Christian & Prange, Richard E. & Yakovenko, Victor M., 2004.
"Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 227-235.
- A. Christian Silva & Richard E. Prange & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2004. "Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact," Papers cond-mat/0401225, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2004.
- Stanley, H. Eugene & Plerou, Vasiliki & Gabaix, Xavier, 2008. "A statistical physics view of financial fluctuations: Evidence for scaling and universality," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3967-3981.
More about this item
KeywordsEconophysics; Countries classification; Financial indices; Maxwell–Boltzmann distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:392:y:2013:i:1:p:177-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.