Long-memory in an order-driven market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Lobato, Ignacio N & Velasco, Carlos, 2000. "Long Memory in Stock-Market Trading Volume," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(4), pages 410-427, October.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Paolo Patelli & Ilija I. Zovko, 2003. "The Predictive Power of Zero Intelligence in Financial Markets," Papers cond-mat/0309233, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2004.
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Giulia Iori & Carl Chiarella, 2002. "A simple microstructure model of double auction markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 44, Society for Computational Economics.
- Lillo Fabrizio & Farmer J. Doyne, 2004. "The Long Memory of the Efficient Market," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-35, September.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RSSTATISTIC: RATS procedure to compute R/S Statistic (classical or Lo's modified)," Statistical Software Components RTS00191, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yamamoto, Ryuichi, 2011. "Order aggressiveness, pre-trade transparency, and long memory in an order-driven market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1938-1963.
- Zaitsev, Sergey & Zaitsev, Alexander & Leonidov, Andrei & Trainin, Vladimir, 2009. "Market mill dependence pattern in the stock market: Multiscale conditional dynamics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(21), pages 4624-4634.
- Miller, Ross M., 2008.
"Don't let your robots grow up to be traders: Artificial intelligence, human intelligence, and asset-market bubbles,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 153-166, October.
- Ross M. Miller, 2003. "Don't Let Your Robots Grow Up To Be Traders: Artificial Intelligence, Human Intelligence, and Asset-Market Bubbles," Experimental 0306001, EconWPA.
- Recchioni, Maria Cristina & Tedeschi, Gabriele & Gallegati, Mauro, 2015.
"A calibration procedure for analyzing stock price dynamics in an agent-based framework,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1-25.
- Recchioni, Maria Cristina & Tedeschi, Gabriele & Gallegati, Mauro, 2014. "A calibration procedure for analyzing stock price dynamics in an agent-based framework," FinMaP-Working Papers 26, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Ryuichi Yamamoto, 2011. "Volatility clustering and herding agents: does it matter what they observe?," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 6(1), pages 41-59, May.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & J. Doyne Farmer & Fabrizio Lillo, 2008. "How markets slowly digest changes in supply and demand," Papers 0809.0822, arXiv.org.
- Recchioni, Maria Cristina & Tedeschi, Gabriele & Berardi, Simone, 2014. "Bank's strategies during the financial crisis," FinMaP-Working Papers 25, Collaborative EU Project FinMaP - Financial Distortions and Macroeconomic Performance: Expectations, Constraints and Interaction of Agents.
- Pirino, Davide, 2009. "Jump detection and long range dependence," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(7), pages 1150-1156.
- Tedeschi, Gabriele & Iori, Giulia & Gallegati, Mauro, 2012.
"Herding effects in order driven markets: The rise and fall of gurus,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 82-96.
- Iori, G. & Tedeschi, G., 2010. "Herding effects in order driven markets: The rise and fall of gurus," Working Papers 10/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Tóth, Bence & Palit, Imon & Lillo, Fabrizio & Farmer, J. Doyne, 2015. "Why is equity order flow so persistent?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 218-239.
- Blake LeBaron & Ryuichi Yamamoto, 2008. "The Impact of Imitation on Long Memory in an Order-Driven Market," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 504-517.
- Martin D. Gould & Mason A. Porter & Sam D. Howison, 2015. "The Long Memory of Order Flow in the Foreign Exchange Spot Market," Papers 1504.04354, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2015.
- Bence Toth & Imon Palit & Fabrizio Lillo & J. Doyne Farmer, 2011. "Why is order flow so persistent?," Papers 1108.1632, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:182-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steve Phelps & Wing Lon Ng, 2014. "A Simulation Analysis Of Herding And Unifractal Scaling Behaviour," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 39-58, January.
More about this item
KeywordsMicrostructure; Agent-based; Long-memory; Order flow;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:383:y:2007:i:1:p:85-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .