Exchange rate variability and the riskiness of US multinational firms: evidence from the Asian financial turmoil
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gao, Ting, 2000. "Exchange rate movements and the profitability of U.S. multinationals," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 117-134, February.
- Timothy A Luehrman, 1990. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of a Global Competitor," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(2), pages 225-242, June.
- Edward H. Chow & Wayne Y. Lee & Michael E. Solt, 1997. "The Economic Exposure Of U.S. Multinational Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 191-210, 06.
- Chow, Edward H & Lee, Wayne Y & Solt, Michael E, 1997. "The Exchange-Rate Risk Exposure of Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 105-23, January.
- Bartov, Eli & Bodnar, Gordon M, 1994. " Firm Valuation, Earnings Expectations, and the Exchange-Rate Exposure Effect," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1755-85, December.
- Chow, Edward H. & Chen, Hung-Ling, 1998. "The determinants of foreign exchange rate exposure: Evidence on Japanese firms1," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 153-174, May.
- Christine R Hekman, 1985. "A Financial Model of Foreign Exchange Exposure," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 16(2), pages 83-99, June.
- Jia He & Lilian K. Ng, 1998. "The Foreign Exchange Exposure of Japanese Multinational Corporations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 733-753, 04.
- Bartov, Eli & Bodnar, Gordon M. & Kaul, Aditya, 1996.
"Exchange rate variability and the riskiness of U.S. multinational firms: Evidence from the breakdown of the Bretton Woods system,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 105-132, September.
- Eli Bartov & Gordon M. Bodnar & Aditya Kaul, 1995. "Exchange Rate Variability and the Riskiness of U.S. Multinational Firms:Evidence from the Breakdown of the Bretton Woods System," NBER Working Papers 5323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dumas, B, 1978. "The Theory of the Trading Firm Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1019-30, June.
- Khoo, Andrew, 1994. "Estimation of foreign exchange exposure: an application to mining companies in Australia," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 342-363, June.
- Sandra Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1995.
"The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions,"
Pacific Basin Working Paper Series
95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Chamberlain, Sandra & Howe, John S. & Popper, Helen, 1997. "The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 871-892, June.
- Sandra L. Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1996. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of U.S. and Japanese Banking Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-55, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- William R. Emmons & Frank A. Schmid, 2000. "The Asian crisis and the exposure of large U.S. firms," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 15-34.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "The Exchange-Rate Exposure of U.S. Multinationals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 331-45, July.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1991. "The Pricing of Exchange Rate Risk in the Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 363-376, September.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Heckerman, Donald G, 1972. "The Exchange Risks of Foreign Operations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 42-48, January.
- Jongmoo Jay Choi & Anita Mehra Prasad, 1995. "Exchange Risk Sensitivity and Its Determinants: A Firm and Industry Analysis of U.S. Multinationals," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(3), Fall.
- Shin, Hyun-Han & Soenen, Luc, 1999. "Exposure to currency risk by US multinational corporations," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 195-207, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:12:y:2002:i:4-5:p:411-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.