Impossibilities for roommate problems
We establish three impossibility results for roommate problems. First, no single valued solution is Pareto optimal and anonymous. Next, no solution satisfies Pareto optimality, anonymity and converse consistency. Finally, no pseudo-refinement of the core satisfies consistency.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chung, Kim-Sau, 2000. "On the Existence of Stable Roommate Matchings," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 206-230, November.
- Manabu Toda, 2006. "Monotonicity and Consistency in Matching Markets," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 13-31, April.
- Klaus, Bettina & Klijn, Flip & Walzl, Markus, 2010.
"Stochastic stability for roommate markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(6), pages 2218-2240, November.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2008. "Stochastic Stability for Roommate Markets," Working Papers 357, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Klaus Bettina & Klijn Flip & Walzl Markus, 2008. "Stochastic Stability for Roommate Markets," Research Memorandum 010, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- E. Inarra & C. Larrea & E. Molis, 2008. "Random paths to P-stability in the roommate problem," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 461-471, March.
- Sasaki, Hiroo & Toda, Manabu, 1992. "Consistency and characterization of the core of two-sided matching problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 218-227, February.
- Sasaki, Hiroo, 1995. "Consistency and Monotonicity in Assignment Problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 373-97.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:59:y:2010:i:3:p:360-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.