On Wold’s approach to representation of preferences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geir Asheim & Tapan Mitra & Bertil Tungodden, 2012. "Sustainable recursive social welfare functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(2), pages 267-292, February.
- Simone Galperti & Bruno Strulovici, 2017. "A Theory of Intergenerational Altruism," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 85, pages 1175-1218, July.
- Rosario Laratta (ed.), 2012. "Social Welfare," Books, IntechOpen, number 1876, Julio-Sep.
- Christopher P. Chambers & Alan D. Miller, 2014. "Inefficiency Measurement," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 79-92, May.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1987. "Some results on the existence of utility functions on path connected spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 147-156, April.
- Kalai, Ehud, 1977.
"Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1623-1630, October.
- Ehud Kalai, 1977. "Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons," Discussion Papers 179, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Tapan Mitra & M. Ozbek, 2013. "On representation of monotone preference orders in a sequence space," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 41(3), pages 473-487, September.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen, 1954. "Choice, Expectations and Measurability," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 503-534.
- Kuntal Banerjee, 2014. "On the representation of preference orders on sequence spaces," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 43(2), pages 497-506, August.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "Lexicographic decomposition of chains and the concept of a planar chain," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 95-104, April.
- Beardon, Alan F & Mehta, Ghanshyam B, 1994. "The Utility Theorems of Wold, Debreu, and Arrow-Hahn," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 181-186, January.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "The non-existence of a utility function and the structure of non-representable preference relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 17-38, February.
- Jens Hougaard & Hans Keiding, 1998. "On the Functional Form of an Efficiency Index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 103-111, March.
More about this item
KeywordsSequence spaces; Representation; Monotone preferences; Wold condition; Scalar continuity; Degenerate indifference classes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:79:y:2018:i:c:p:65-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.