Debreu-like properties of utility representations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1987. "Some results on the existence of utility functions on path connected spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 147-156, April.
- Beardon, Alan F, 1994. "Utility Theory and Continuous Monotonic Functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(4), pages 531-538, May.
- Wakker, Peter, 1988. "Continuity of Preference Relations for Separable Topologies," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(1), pages 105-110, February.
- Herden, G. & Mehta, G. B., 2004. "The Debreu Gap Lemma and some generalizations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 747-769, November.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "Lexicographic decomposition of chains and the concept of a planar chain," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 95-104, April.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "The non-existence of a utility function and the structure of non-representable preference relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 17-38, February.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Candeal, Juan C. & Herves, Carlos & Indurain, Esteban, 1998. "Some results on representation and extension of preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 75-81, January.
- Knoblauch, Vicki, 2000. "Lexicographic orders and preference representation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 255-267, October.
- Campion, Maria J. & Candeal, Juan C. & Indurain, Esteban, 2006. "The existence of utility functions for weakly continuous preferences on a Banach space," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 227-237, March.
More about this item
KeywordsDebreu chain Locally Debreu chain Pointwise Debreu chain Utility function Continuous representation Lexicographic ordering;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:44:y:2008:i:11:p:1161-1179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .