A new proof of the existence of equilibrium in incomplete market economies
In this paper I give a new proof of equilibrium existence in incomplete markets economies with a continuum of states.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Monteiro, Paulo K., 1996. "Self-fulfilling equilibria: An existence theorem for a general state space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-62.
- Duffie, Darrell & Shafer, Wayne, 1985. "Equilibrium in incomplete markets: I : A basic model of generic existence," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 285-300, June.
- Radner, Roy, 1972. "Existence of Equilibrium of Plans, Prices, and Price Expectations in a Sequence of Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(2), pages 289-303, March.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1994. "Inada's condition implies equilibrium existence is rare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 99-102.
- Araujo, A. & Monteiro, P. K., 1991. "Generic non-existence of equilibria in finance models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 489-499.
- Werner, Jan, 1985. "Equilibrium in economies with incomplete financial markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1996. "Rational expectations equilibria in sequence economies with symmetric information: The two-period case," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 9-49.
- Araujo,A. & Monteiro,P.K., 1989. "General equilibrium with infinitely many goods: The case of seperable utilities," Discussion Paper Serie A 249, University of Bonn, Germany.