Equilibria for Pure Exchange Infinite Economies in the Sense of Incomplete Preference
In this paper, we introduce a new concept of incomplete preference and cover the known ordering relations such preferences as in economics and semiorder in mathematics. In the sense of the incomplete preference, we obtain a principle of maximal consumption allocations, by which, for a pure exchange economy with infinitely many commodities and infinitely countable agents, we first prove the existence of a quasi-equilibrium, and then conclude that such a quasi-equilibrium can be extended to a general equilibrium of this economy if incomplete preferences are proper in a suitable way.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1996.
"A new proof of the existence of equilibrium in incomplete market economies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 85-101.
- Paulo Klinger Monteiro, 1994. "A New Proof Of The Existence Of Equilibrium In Incomplete Markets Economies," GE, Growth, Math methods 9410001, EconWPA.
- Jones, Larry E., 1983. "Existence of equilibria with infinitely many consumers and infinitely many commodities : A theorem based on models of commodity differentiation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 119-138, October.
- Richard, Scott F. & Zame, William R., 1986. "Proper preferences and quasi-concave utility functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 231-247, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Richard, Scott F., 1991. "A new approach to the existence of equilibria in vector lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Richard, Scott F. & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1988. "Equilibrium in economies with infinitely many consumers and infinitely many commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 9-21, February.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Equilibria in vector lattices without ordered preferences or uniform properness," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 465-485.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1991. "Decision Theory: The Next 100 Years?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(404), pages 27-32, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:journl:y:2003:v:4:i:2:p:359-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.