A few things transport regulators should know about risk and the cost of capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alexander, Ian & Estache, Antonio & Oliveri, Adele, 1999. "A few things transport regulators should know about risk and the cost of capital," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2151, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & I. Alexander & A. Oliveri, 2001. "A few things transport regulators should know about risk and the cost of capital," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43999, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexander, Ian & Mayer, Colin & Weeds, Helen, 1996. "Regulatory structure and risk and infrastructure firms : an international comparison," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1698, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martins, JosÃ© & Marques, Rui Cunha & Cruz, Carlos Oliveira, 2014. "Maximizing the value for money of PPP arrangements through flexibility: An application to airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 72-80.
- Antonio Estache & Anne-Sophie Steichen, 2015.
"Is Belgium overshooting in its policy support to cut the cost of capital of renewable sources of energy ?,"
Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 33-45.
- Antonio Estache & Anne-Sophie Steichen, 2015. "Is Belgium overshooting in its policy support to cut the cost of capital of renewable sources of energy?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/220738, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Anne-Sophie Steichen, 2015. "Is Belgium Overshooting in its Policy Support to Cut the Cost of Capital of Renewable Sources of Energy ?," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2015-13, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- A. Estache & M.E. Pinglo, 2005.
"Are returns to private infrastructure in developing countries consistent with risks since the Asian crisis?,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 6(1), pages 47-75, September.
- Estache, Antonio & Pinglo, Maria Elena, 2004. "Are returns to private infrastructure in developing countries consistent with risks since the Asian crisis?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3373, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & M.E. Pinglo, 2005. "Are Returns to Private Infrastructure in Developing Countries Consistent with Risks since the Asian Crisis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44150, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Ellis Juan & Lourdes Trujillo, 2011.
"Public–Private Partnerships in Transport,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 30
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antonio Estache & André De Palma & E. Quinet & R. Vickerman, "undated". "Public-Private Partnerships in Transport," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44020, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache,Antonio & Juan,Ellis J. & Trujillo Castellano,Lourdes, 2007. "Public-private partnerships in transport," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4436, The World Bank.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Joe Akira Yoshino, 2015.
"Empirical Estimation of the Cost of Equity: An Application to Selected Brazilian Utilities Companies,"
Review of Economics & Finance,
Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 1-21, February.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Joe A. Yoshino, 2012. "Empirical Estimation of the Cost of Equity: An Application to Selected Brazilian Utilities Companies," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0765, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- A. V. Thomas & Satyanarayana Kalidindi & K. Ananthanarayanan, 2003. "Risk perception analysis of BOT road project participants in India," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 393-407.
- Sirtaine, Sophie & Pinglo, Maria Elena & Guasch, J. Luis & Foster, Vivien, 2005. "How profitable are private infrastructure concessions in Latin America?: Empirical evidence and regulatory implications," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 380-402, May.
- Eduardo Walker, 2016. "Cost of Capital in Emerging Markets: Bridging Gaps between Theory and Practice," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 53(1), pages 111-147, December.
- Meunier, David & Quinet, Emile, 2010. "Tips and Pitfalls in PPP design," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 126-138.
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024, November.
- Clive Harris & Sri Tadimalla Kumar, 2008. "Financing the Boom in Public-Private Partnerships in Indian Infrastructure : Trends and Policy Implications," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10577, The World Bank.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David & Zhang, Yin-Fang, 2004. "Price and Profit Regulation in Developing and Transition Economies, Methods Used and Problems Faced: A Survey of the Regulators," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30596, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Gaggero, Alberto A., 2007. "Regulatory risk in the utilities industry: An empirical study of the English-speaking countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 191-205, September.
- Rocha, Katia & Camacho, Fernando & Braganca, Gabriel, 2007. "Return on capital of Brazilian electricity distributors: A comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2526-2537, April.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:249-258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meunier, David & Quinet, Emile, 2007. "Chapter 4 The contracting of investment and operation, and the management of infrastructure funding bodies," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 81-109, January.
- Stern, Jon, 2007. "Infrastructure regulatory institutions and their impact: Papers from CCRP, City University Workshop 2006," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 161-164, September.
- Antonio Estache, 2016. "Institutions for Infrastructure in Developing Countries: What We Know and the Lot We still Need to Know," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-27, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kashi, Bahman, 2015. "Risk management and the stated investment costs by independent power producers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 660-668.
- Bahman Kashi, 2014. "Risk Management and the Stated Capital Costs by Independent Power Producers," Development Discussion Papers 2014-03, JDI Executive Programs.
- Corria da Silva, Luis & Estache, Antonio & Jarvela, Sakari, 2006. "Is debt replacing equity in regulated privatised infrastructure in LDCs?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 90-102, June.
- Paul Noumba Um & Laurent Gille & Lucile Simon & Christophe Rudelle, 2004. "A Model for Calculating Interconnection Costs in Telecommunications," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15040, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:9:y:2000:i:1:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.