Corporate social responsibility in the mining industry: Perspectives from stakeholder groups in Argentina
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ralph Hamann, 2003. "Mining companies' role in sustainable development: The 'why' and 'how' of corporate social responsibility from a business perspective," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 237-254.
- Hilson, Gavin & Murck, Barbara, 2000. "Sustainable development in the mining industry: clarifying the corporate perspective," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 227-238, December.
- Michelle Greenwood, 2007. "Stakeholder Engagement: Beyond the Myth of Corporate Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 315-327.
- D. Vazquez-Brust & C. Liston-Heyes & J. Plaza-Úbeda & J. Burgos-Jiménez, 2010. "Stakeholders Pressures and Strategic Prioritisation: An Empirical Analysis of Environmental Responses in Argentinean Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 171-192.
- Warhurst, Alyson & Mitchell, Paul, 2000. "Corporate social responsibility and the case of Summitville mine," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 91-102, June.
- Carroll, Archie B., 1991. "The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 39-48.
- Banerjee, Subhabrata Bobby, 2002. "Corporate environmentalism: the construct and its measurement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 177-191, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alejandro Fontana & Susana Sastre-Merino & Maritza Baca, 2017. "The Territorial Dimension: The Component of Business Strategy that Prevents the Generation of Social Conflicts," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 367-380.
- Viveros, Hector, 2017. "Unpacking stakeholder mechanisms to influence corporate social responsibility in the mining sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-12.
- Wirth, Herbert & Kulczycka, Joanna & Hausner, Jerzy & Koński, Maciej, 2016. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Communication about social and environmental disclosure by large and small copper mining companies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 53-60.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:72-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kowalska, Izabela Jonek, 2014. "Risk management in the hard coal mining industry: Social and environmental aspects of collieries’ liquidation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 124-134.
- Saleem H. Ali, 2016. "The Ethics of Space and Time in Mining Projects: Matching Technical Tools with Social Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 645-651.
- Rahimi, Esmaeil & Ghasemzadeh, Hasan, 2015. "A new algorithm to determine optimum cut-off grades considering technical, economical, environmental and social aspects," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 51-63.
- Korski, Jacek & Tobór–Osadnik, Katarzyna & Wyganowska, Małgorzata, 2016.
"Reasons of problems of the polish hard coal mining in connection with restructuring changes in the period 1988–2014,"
Elsevier, pages 25-31.
- Goodness C. Aye & Tsangyao Chang & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Is Gold an Inflation-Hedge? Evidence from an Interrupted Markov-Switching Cointegration Model," Working Papers 201559, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Catherine Macdonald, 2017. "The role of participation in sustainable community development programmes in the extractives industries," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mason, Claire M. & Paxton, Gillian & Parsons, Richard & Parr, Joanna M. & Moffat, Kieren, 2014. "“For the benefit of Australians”: Exploring national expectations of the mining industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-8.
- Tang-Lee, Diane, 2016. "Corporate social responsibility (CSR) and public engagement for a Chinese state-backed mining project in Myanmar – Challenges and prospects," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 28-37.
- Lin, Philip T. & Li, Bin & Bu, Danlu, 2015. "The relationship between corporate governance and community engagement: Evidence from the Australian mining companies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 28-39.
- Badera, Jarosław & Kocoń, Paweł, 2015. "Moral panic related to mineral development projects – Examples from Poland," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 29-36.
- Badera Jarosław, 2014. "Problems of the social non-acceptance of mining projects with particular emphasis on the European Union – a literature review," Environmental & Socio-economic Studies, De Gruyter Open, pages 27-34.
- Jonek Kowalska, Izabela, 2015. "Challenges for long-term industry restructuring in the Upper Silesian Coal Basin: What has Polish coal mining achieved and failed from a twenty-year perspective?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, pages 135-149.
More about this item
KeywordsMining conflict; Corporate social responsibility; Stakeholders; Grassroots movement; Public participation;
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- Q34 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Natural Resources and Domestic and International Conflicts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:2:p:212-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .