Multiobjective optimisation of production, distribution and capacity planning of global supply chains in the process industry
The performance of a supply chain should usually be measured by multiple criteria. We address production, distribution and capacity planning of global supply chains considering cost, responsiveness and customer service level simultaneously. A multiobjective mixed-integer linear programming (MILP) approach is developed with total cost, total flow time and total lost sales as key objectives. Also, two strategies to expand the formulation plants’ capacities are considered in the model. The ε-constraint method and lexicographic minimax method are used as solution approaches to tackle the multiobjective problem. Finally, a numerical example is investigated to demonstrate the applicability of the proposed model and solution approaches.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 41 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pokharel, Shaligram, 2008. "A two objective model for decision making in a supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 378-388, February.
- Selim, Hasan & Araz, Ceyhun & Ozkarahan, Irem, 2008. "Collaborative production-distribution planning in supply chain: A fuzzy goal programming approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 396-419, May.
- Georgiadis, Michael C. & Tsiakis, Panagiotis & Longinidis, Pantelis & Sofioglou, Maria K., 2011. "Optimal design of supply chain networks under uncertain transient demand variations," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 254-272, June.
- Meixell, Mary J. & Gargeya, Vidyaranya B., 2005. "Global supply chain design: A literature review and critique," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 531-550, November.
- Franca, Rodrigo B. & Jones, Erick C. & Richards, Casey N. & Carlson, Jonathan P., 2010. "Multi-objective stochastic supply chain modeling to evaluate tradeoffs between profit and quality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 292-299, October.
- Gunasekaran, Angappa & Lai, Kee-hung & Edwin Cheng, T.C., 2008. "Responsive supply chain: A competitive strategy in a networked economy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 549-564, August.
- Sabri, Ehap H. & Beamon, Benita M., 2000. "A multi-objective approach to simultaneous strategic and operational planning in supply chain design," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 581-598, October.
- Marchi, Ezio & Oviedo, Jorge A., 1992. "Lexicographic optimality in the multiple objective linear programming: The nucleolar solution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 355-359, March.
- Mula, Josefa & Peidro, David & Díaz-Madroñero, Manuel & Vicens, Eduardo, 2010. "Mathematical programming models for supply chain production and transport planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 377-390, August.
- Erkut, Erhan & Karagiannidis, Avraam & Perkoulidis, George & Tjandra, Stevanus A., 2008. "A multicriteria facility location model for municipal solid waste management in North Greece," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 1402-1421, June.
- R. E. Bellman & L. A. Zadeh, 1970. "Decision-Making in a Fuzzy Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages B141-B164, December.
- Erenguc, S. Selcuk & Simpson, N. C. & Vakharia, Asoo J., 1999. "Integrated production/distribution planning in supply chains: An invited review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 219-236, June.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Wierzbicki, Adam & Milewski, Marcin, 2008. "A multi-criteria approach to fair and efficient bandwidth allocation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 451-463, June.
- Tsiakis, Panagiotis & Papageorgiou, Lazaros G., 2008. "Optimal production allocation and distribution supply chain networks," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 468-483, February.
- Goetschalckx, Marc & Vidal, Carlos J. & Dogan, Koray, 2002. "Modeling and design of global logistics systems: A review of integrated strategic and tactical models and design algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 1-18, November.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz, 1997. "On the lexicographic minimax approach to location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 566-585, August.
- Vidal, Carlos J. & Goetschalckx, Marc, 1997. "Strategic production-distribution models: A critical review with emphasis on global supply chain models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Wang, Lizhong & Fang, Liping & Hipel, Keith W., 2008. "Basin-wide cooperative water resources allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(3), pages 798-817, November.
- Kostreva, Michael M. & Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Wierzbicki, Adam, 2004. "Equitable aggregations and multiple criteria analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 362-377, October.
- Amini, Mehdi & Li, Haitao, 2011. "Supply chain configuration for diffusion of new products: An integrated optimization approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 313-322, June.
- Das, K. & Sengupta, S., 2009. "A hierarchical process industry production-distribution planning model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 402-419, February.
- Kopanos, Georgios M. & Puigjaner, Luis & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2012. "Simultaneous production and logistics operations planning in semicontinuous food industries," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 634-650.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:2:p:369-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.