The closed-loop supply chain network with competition, distribution channel investment, and uncertainties
In this paper, a closed-loop supply chain network is investigated with decentralized decision-makers consisting of raw material suppliers, retail outlets, and the manufacturers that collect the recycled product directly from the demand market. We derive the optimality conditions of the various decision-makers, and establish that the governing equilibrium conditions can be formulated as a finite-dimensional variational inequality problem. We establish convergence of the proposed algorithm that can allow for the discussion of the effects of competition, distribution channel investment, yield and conversion rates, combined with uncertainties in demand, on equilibrium quantity transactions and prices. Numerical examples are provided for illustration.
Volume (Year): 41 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nagurney, Anna & Dong, June & Zhang, Ding, 2002. "A supply chain network equilibrium model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 281-303, September.
- Nagurney, Anna & Cruz, Jose & Dong, June & Zhang, Ding, 2005. "Supply chain networks, electronic commerce, and supply side and demand side risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 120-142, July.
- Minner, Stefan, 2001. "Strategic safety stocks in reverse logistics supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 417-428, May.
- Vadde, Srikanth & Zeid, Abe & Kamarthi, Sagar V., 2011. "Pricing decisions in a multi-criteria setting for product recovery facilities," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 186-193, April.
- Huang, Di & Zhou, Hong & Zhao, Qiu-Hong, 2011. "A competitive multiple-product newsboy problem with partial product substitution," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 302-312, June.
- Sheu, Jiuh-Biing & Chou, Yi-Hwa & Hu, Chun-Chia, 2005. "An integrated logistics operational model for green-supply chain management," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 287-313, July.
- Hammond, David & Beullens, Patrick, 2007. "Closed-loop supply chain network equilibrium under legislation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 895-908, December.
- Georgiadis, Michael C. & Tsiakis, Panagiotis & Longinidis, Pantelis & Sofioglou, Maria K., 2011. "Optimal design of supply chain networks under uncertain transient demand variations," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 254-272, June.
- L. Beril Toktay & Lawrence M. Wein & Stefanos A. Zenios, 2000. "Inventory Management of Remanufacturable Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(11), pages 1412-1426, November.
- Chen, Liang-Hsuan & Chen, Ying-Che, 2010. "A multiple-item budget-constraint newsboy problem with a reservation policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 431-439, December.
- Dong, June & Zhang, Ding & Nagurney, Anna, 2004. "A supply chain network equilibrium model with random demands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(1), pages 194-212, July.
- Nagurney, Anna & Toyasaki, Fuminori, 2005. "Reverse supply chain management and electronic waste recycling: a multitiered network equilibrium framework for e-cycling," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-28, January.
- V. Daniel R. Guide , Jr. & Gilvan C. Souza & Luk N. Van Wassenhove & Joseph D. Blackburn, 2006. "Time Value of Commercial Product Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(8), pages 1200-1214, August.
- Barker, Theresa J. & Zabinsky, Zelda B., 2011. "A multicriteria decision making model for reverse logistics using analytical hierarchy process," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 558-573, October.
- Bayindir, Z. Pelin & Erkip, Nesim & Gullu, Refik, 2003. "A model to evaluate inventory costs in a remanufacturing environment," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 597-607, January.
- Yang, Guang-fen & Wang, Zhi-ping & Li, Xiao-qiang, 2009. "The optimization of the closed-loop supply chain network," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 16-28, January.
- Wongthatsanekorn, Wuthichai & Realff, Matthew J. & Ammons, Jane C., 2010. "Multi-time scale Markov decision process approach to strategic network growth of reverse supply chains," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 20-32, February.
- Ferrer, Geraldo, 2003. "Yield information and supplier responsiveness in remanufacturing operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 149(3), pages 540-556, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:2:p:186-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.