A competitive multiple-product newsboy problem with partial product substitution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Maurice E. Schweitzer & Gérard P. Cachon, 2000. "Decision Bias in the Newsvendor Problem with a Known Demand Distribution: Experimental Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 404-420, March.
- Feng, Tianjun & Keller, L. Robin & Zheng, Xiaona, 2011. "Decision making in the newsvendor problem: A cross-national laboratory study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 41-50, January.
- Mahesh Nagarajan & S. Rajagopalan, 2008. "Inventory Models for Substitutable Products: Optimal Policies and Heuristics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(8), pages 1453-1466, August.
- Yang, Shilei & Shi, Chunming Victor & Zhao, Xuan, 2011. "Optimal ordering and pricing decisions for a target oriented newsvendor," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 110-115, January.
- Chen, Liang-Hsuan & Chen, Ying-Che, 2010. "A multiple-item budget-constraint newsboy problem with a reservation policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 431-439, December.
- Ding, Ding & Chen, Jian, 2008. "Coordinating a three level supply chain with flexible return policies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 865-876, October.
- Choi, Tsan-Ming & Li, Duan & Yan, Houmin & Chiu, Chun-Hung, 2008. "Channel coordination in supply chains with agents having mean-variance objectives," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 565-576, August.
- Keren, Baruch, 2009. "The single-period inventory problem: Extension to random yield from the perspective of the supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 801-810, August.
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2000. "Some Remarks on the Supermodular Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-119, April.
- Khouja, Moutaz & Mehrez, Abraham & Rabinowitz, Gad, 1996. "A two-item newsboy problem with substitutability," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 267-275, July.
- Rajaram, Kumar & Tang, Christopher S., 2001. "The impact of product substitution on retail merchandising," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(3), pages 582-601, December.
- Wu, Jun & Li, Jian & Wang, Shouyang & Cheng, T.C.E., 2009. "Mean-variance analysis of the newsvendor model with stockout cost," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 724-730, June.
- Xuan Zhao & Derek R. Atkins, 2008. "Newsvendors Under Simultaneous Price and Inventory Competition," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 539-546, September.
- Kevork, Ilias S., 2010. "Estimating the optimal order quantity and the maximum expected profit for single-period inventory decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 218-227, June.
- Yang, Hongsuk & Schrage, Linus, 2009. "Conditions that cause risk pooling to increase inventory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(3), pages 837-851, February.
- Casimir, Rommert J., 2002. "The value of information in the multi-item newsboy problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 45-50, February.
- Wang, Charles X. & Webster, Scott, 2009. "The loss-averse newsvendor problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-105, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:ijsaem:v:8:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s13198-016-0557-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- V. Pando & L. San-José & J. García-Laguna & J. Sicilia, 2014. "Some general properties for the newsboy problem with an extraordinary order," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 674-693, July.
- repec:kap:netspa:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11067-016-9333-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Su, Ping & Tian, Zhongjun & Wang, Haiyan, 2012. "On service degrade at a discount: Capacity, demand pooling, and optimal discounting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 358-367.
- Qiang, Qiang & Ke, Ke & Anderson, Trisha & Dong, June, 2013. "The closed-loop supply chain network with competition, distribution channel investment, and uncertainties," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 186-194.
- Saedi, Samira & Kundakcioglu, O. Erhun & Henry, Andrea C., 2016. "Mitigating the impact of drug shortages for a healthcare facility: An inventory management approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 107-123.
- Shin, Hojung & Park, Soohoon & Lee, Euncheol & Benton, W.C., 2015. "A classification of the literature on the planning of substitutable products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(3), pages 686-699.
- Pando, Valentín & San-José, Luis A. & García-Laguna, Juan & Sicilia, Joaquín, 2013. "A newsboy problem with an emergency order under a general backorder rate function," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1020-1028.
- Hu, Benyong & Xu, Dong & Meng, Chao, 2017. "Inconsistency of a retailer's optimal policies and channel performance under revenue sharing contracts," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 183(PA), pages 53-65.
- Hu, Benyong & Meng, Chao & Xu, Dong & Son, Young-Jun, 2016. "Three-echelon supply chain coordination with a loss-averse retailer and revenue sharing contracts," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 192-202.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "Validity and precision of estimates in the classical newsvendor model with exponential and rayleigh demand," MPRA Paper 36460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "Evaluating alternative estimators for optimal order quantities in the newsvendor model with skewed demand," MPRA Paper 36205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liu, Wei & Song, Shiji & Wu, Cheng, 2013. "Impact of loss aversion on the newsvendor game with product substitution," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 352-359.
- Banerjee, Pradeep K. & Turner, T. Rolf, 2012. "A flexible model for the pricing of perishable assets," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 533-540.
- Li, Deng-Feng, 2011. "Linear programming approach to solve interval-valued matrix games," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 655-666, December.
- Wang, Fuqiang & Fang, Xiaoping & Chen, Xiaohong & Li, Xihua, 2016. "Impact of inventory inaccuracies on products with inventory-dependent demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 118-130.
More about this item
KeywordsInventory control Multi-product newsboy problem Product substitution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:3:p:302-312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.