Groups perform better than the best individuals on Letters-to-Numbers problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, James H., 1992. "Some compelling intuitions about group consensus decisions, theoretical and empirical research, and interpersonal aggregation phenomena: Selected examples 1950-1990," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-38, June.
- Irving Lorge & Herbert Solomon, 1955. "Two models of group behavior in the solution of eureka-type problems," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 20(2), pages 139-148, June.
- Laughlin, Patrick R., 1999. "Collective Induction: Twelve Postulates," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 50-69, October.
- Bottger, Preston C. & Yetton, Philip W., 1988. "An integration of process and decision scheme explanations of group problem solving performance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 234-249, October.
- Reagan-Cirincione, Patricia, 1994. "Improving the Accuracy of Group Judgment: A Process Intervention Combining Group Facilitation, Social Judgment Analysis, and Information Technology," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 246-270, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kocher, Martin & Strau[ss], Sabine & Sutter, Matthias, 2006.
"Individual or team decision-making--Causes and consequences of self-selection,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 259-270, August.
- Martin Kocher & Sabine Strauß & Matthias Sutter, 2004. "Individual or team decision-making - Causes and consequences of self-selection," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-31, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Strauß, Sabine & Sutter, Matthias, 2006. "Individual or team decision-making-Causes and consequences of self-selection," Munich Reprints in Economics 18162, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Aramovich, Nicholas P. & Larson, James R., 2013. "Strategic demonstration of problem solutions by groups: The effects of member preferences, confidence, and learning goals," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 36-52.
- Königstein, Manfred & Ruchala, Gabriele K., 2007. "Performance Pay, Group Selection and Group Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 2697, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Baumann, Michael R. & Bonner, Bryan L., 2004. "The effects of variability and expectations on utilization of member expertise and group performance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 89-101, March.
- Roman Sheremeta & Jingjing Zhang, 2010.
"Can groups solve the problem of over-bidding in contests?,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 35(2), pages 175-197, July.
- Sheremeta, Roman & Zhang, Jingjing, 2009. "Can Groups Solve the Problem of Over-Bidding in Contests?," MPRA Paper 49885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roman M. Sheremeta & Jingjing Zhang, 2009. "Can Groups Solve the Problem of Over-Bidding in Contests," Working Papers 09-09, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Jingjing Zhang & Marco Casari, 2012.
"How Groups Reach Agreement In Risky Choices: An Experiment,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(2), pages 502-515, 04.
- M. Casari & J. Zhang, 2009. "How groups reach agreement in risky choices: an experiment," Working Papers 665, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Jingjing Zhang & Marco Casari, 2010. "How groups reach agreement in risky choices: an experiment," IEW - Working Papers 506, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Jingjing Zhang & Marco Casari, 2009. "How groups reach agreement in risky choices: an experiment," Department of Economics Working Papers 2009-08, McMaster University.
- Marco LiCalzi & Oktay Surucu, 2012. "The Power of Diversity over Large Solution Spaces," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(7), pages 1408-1421, July.
- Marco LiCalzi & Oktay Surucu, 2011. "The power of diversity over large solution spaces," Working Papers 1, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, revised Sep 2011.
- Marco LiCalzi & Oktay Surucu, 2011. "The power of diversity over large solution spaces," Working Papers 206, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, revised Sep 2011.
- Kim, Peter H. & Cooper, Cecily D. & Dirks, Kurt T. & Ferrin, Donald L., 2013. "Repairing trust with individuals vs. groups," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 1-14.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:29:y:2012:i:3:p:280-291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cardella, Eric, 2012. "Learning to make better strategic decisions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 382-392.
- White, Leroy, 2016. "Behavioural operational research: Towards a framework for understanding behaviour in OR interventions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(3), pages 827-841.
- Charness, Gary & Cooper, David & Grossman, Zachary, 2015. "Silence is Golden: Â Communication Costs and Team Problem Solving," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt3n25b620, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Brosig-Koch, Jeannette & Heinrich, Timo & Helbach, Christoph, 2014. "Does truth win when teams reason strategically?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 86-89.
- Meub, Lukas & Proeger, Till, 2017. "The impact of communication regimes and cognitive abilities on group rationality: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 229-238.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:88:y:2002:i:2:p:605-620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.