Decisions under Time Pressure: How Time Constraint Affects Risky Decision Making
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Birnbaum, Michael H. & Sutton, Sara E., 1992. "Scale convergence and utility measurement," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 183-215, July.
- Benson III, Lehman & Beach, Lee Roy, 1996. "The Effects of Time Constraints on the Prechoice Screening of Decision Options," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 222-228, August.
- Mellers, Barbara A. & Ordonez, Lisa D. & Birnbaum, Michael H., 1992. "A change-of-process theory for contextual effects and preference reversals in risky decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 331-369, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buckert, Magdalena & Oechssler, Jörg & Schwieren, Christiane, 2017.
"Imitation under stress,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 252-266.
- Buckert, Magdalena & Oechssler, Jörg & Schwieren, Christiane, 2014. "Imitation under stress," Working Papers 0556, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Buckert, Magdalena & Oechssler, Jörg & Schwieren, Christiane, 2014. "Imitation under stress," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economics of Change SP II 2014-309, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Haji, Anouar El & Krawczyk, Michał & Sylwestrzak, Marta & Zawojska, Ewa, 2019.
"Time pressure and risk taking in auctions: A field experiment,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 68-79.
- Anouar El Haji & Michał Krawczyk & Marta Sylwestrzak & Ewa Zawojska, 2016. "Time Pressure and Risk Taking in Auctions: A Field Experiment," Working Papers 2016-04, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Anouar El Haji & Michal Krawczyk & Marta Sylwestrzak & Ewa Zawojska, 2016. "Time Pressure and Risk Taking in Auctions: A Field Experiment," Framed Field Experiments 00698, The Field Experiments Website.
- Saqib, Najam U. & Chan, Eugene Y., 2015. "Time pressure reverses risk preferences," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 58-68.
- Weenig, Mieneke W. H. & Maarleveld, Marleen, 2002. "The impact of time constraint on information search strategies in complex choice tasks," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 689-702, December.
- Elizabeth Boyle & Zur Shapira, 2003. "Aspiration and Survival in “Jeopardy!”," Discussion Paper Series dp331, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, revised Mar 2006.
- Joško Brakus, J. & Schmitt, Bernd H. & Zhang, Shi, 2014. "Experiential product attributes and preferences for new products: The role of processing fluency," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 2291-2298.
- Thomas, Rodney W. & Esper, Terry L. & Stank, Theodore P., 2010. "Testing the Negative Effects of Time Pressure in Retail Supply Chain Relationships," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 386-400.
- Chu, P. C. & Spires, Eric E., 2001. "Does Time Constraint on Users Negate the Efficacy of Decision Support Systems?," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 226-249, July.
- Zhang, Zaisheng & Song, Fang & Song, Zongbin, 2020. "Promoting knowledge sharing in the workplace: Punishment v. reward," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 131(C).
- Chao Chen & Caspar Chorus & Eric Molin & Bert Wee, 2016. "Effects of task complexity and time pressure on activity-travel choices: heteroscedastic logit model and activity-travel simulator experiment," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 455-472, May.
- Krishnan, Balaji C. & Dutta, Sujay & Jha, Subhash, 2013. "Effectiveness of Exaggerated Advertised Reference Prices: The Role of Decision Time Pressure," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 105-113.
- Shiva Farashahi & Chih-Chung Ting & Chang-Hao Kao & Shih-Wei Wu & Alireza Soltani, 2018. "Dynamic combination of sensory and reward information under time pressure," PLOS Computational Biology, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(3), pages 1-26, March.
- Ku, Gillian & Malhotra, Deepak & Murnighan, J. Keith, 2005. "Towards a competitive arousal model of decision-making: A study of auction fever in live and Internet auctions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 89-103, March.
- Slovic, Paul & Finucane, Melissa & Peters, Ellen & MacGregor, Donald G., 2002. "Rational actors or rational fools: implications of the affect heuristic for behavioral economics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 329-342.
- Koch, Oliver Francis & Benlian, Alexander, 2015. "Promotional Tactics for Online Viral Marketing Campaigns: How Scarcity and Personalization Affect Seed Stage Referrals," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 37-52.
- Niu, Xiaofei & Li, Jianbiao, 2019. "How Time Constraint Affects the Disposition Effect?," EconStor Preprints 194618, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Betsch, Tilmann & Haberstroh, Susanne & Molter, Beate & Glockner, Andreas, 2004. "Oops, I did it again--relapse errors in routinized decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 62-74, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:71:y:1997:i:2:p:121-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.