Tests for independence in non-parametric heteroscedastic regression models
Consistent procedures are constructed for testing independence between the regressor and the error in non-parametric regression models. The tests are based on the Fourier formulation of independence, and utilize the joint and the marginal empirical characteristic functions of the regressor and of estimated residuals. The asymptotic null distribution as well as the behavior of the test statistic under alternatives is investigated. A simulation study compares bootstrap versions of the proposed tests to corresponding procedures utilizing the empirical distribution function.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bilodeau, M. & Lafaye de Micheaux, P., 2005. "A multivariate empirical characteristic function test of independence with normal marginals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 345-369, August.
- Neumeyer, Natalie, 2009. "Testing independence in nonparametric regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(7), pages 1551-1566, August.
- Einmahl, John H.J. & Van Keilegom, Ingrid, 2008.
"Specification tests in nonparametric regression,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 88-102, March.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & van Keilegom, I., 2006.
"Tests for Independence in Nonparametric Regression,"
2006-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & van Keilegom, I., 2008. "Tests for independence in nonparametric regression," Other publications TiSEM 4356c520-d1d5-4156-b5b7-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Meintanis, Simos G. & Iliopoulos, George, 2008. "Fourier methods for testing multivariate independence," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 1884-1895, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:4:p:816-827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.