Short Selling on the New York Stock Exchange and the Effects of the Uptick Rule
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennings, Robert & Starks, Laura, 1986. " Earnings Announcements, Stock Price Adjustment, and the Existence of Option Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 107-125, March.
- Allen, Franklin & Gorton, Gary, 1992.
"Stock price manipulation, market microstructure and asymmetric information,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 624-630, April.
- Allen, F. & Gorton, G., 1991. "Stock Price Manipulation, Market Microstructure and Asymetric Information," Weiss Center Working Papers 21-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Franklin Allen & Gary Gorton, 1991. "Stock Price Manipulation, Market Microstructure and Asymmetric Information," NBER Working Papers 3862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, A. Craig & Zhang, June, 2002.
"Econometric models of limit-order executions,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 31-71, July.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay & June Zhang, "undated". "Econometric Models of Limit-Order Executions," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 12-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay & June Zhang, 1997. "Econometric Models of Limit-Order Executions," NBER Working Papers 6257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-498, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1987. "Constraints on short-selling and asset price adjustment to private information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 277-311, June.
- Harris, Lawrence & Hasbrouck, Joel, 1996. "Market vs. Limit Orders: The SuperDOT Evidence on Order Submission Strategy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 213-231, June.
- Senchack, A. J. & Starks, Laura T., 1993. "Short-Sale Restrictions and Market Reaction to Short-Interest Announcements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 177-194, June.
- Figlewski, Stephen & Webb, Gwendolyn P, 1993. " Options, Short Sales, and Market Completeness," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 761-777, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen, Franklin, 1999. "GUEST EDITOR'S INTRODUCTION: The Design of Financial Systems and Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(1-2), pages 5-7, January.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Peterson, Mark A., 2002. "Implications of a Reduction in Tick Size on Short-Sell Order Execution," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 37-60, January.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Peterson, Mark A., 2008. "The effect of price tests on trader behavior and market quality: An analysis of Reg SHO," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 84-111, February.
- Grundy, Bruce D. & Lim, Bryan & Verwijmeren, Patrick, 2012. "Do option markets undo restrictions on short sales? Evidence from the 2008 short-sale ban," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 331-348.
- Fabio Dercole & Davide Radi, 2014. "Does the "uptick rule" stabilize the stock market? Insights from Adaptive Rational Equilibrium Dynamics," Papers 1405.7747, arXiv.org.
- Diether, Karl & Lee, Kuan Hui & Werner, Ingrid M., 2007. "It’s SHO Time! Short-Sale Price-Tests and Market Quality," Working Paper Series 2006-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Yubin Li & Chen Zhao & Zhaodong Zhong, 2016. "Migrate or not? The effects of regulation SHO on options trading activities," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 113-146, July.
- Chung, Dennis Y. & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Liquidity and market efficiency: Analysis of NASDAQ firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 262-274.
- Kai, Guo & Conlon, John R., 2007. "Why Bubble-Bursting Is Unpredictable: Welfare Effects Of Anti-Bubble Policy When Central Banks Make Mistakes," MPRA Paper 5927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:8:y:1999:i:1-2:p:90-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.