Does access to external finance improve productivity? Evidence from a natural experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1996. "The Finance-Growth Nexus: Evidence from Bank Branch Deregulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 639-670.
- Whited, Toni M., 2006. "External finance constraints and the intertemporal pattern of intermittent investment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 467-502, September.
- Becker, Bo, 2007. "Geographical segmentation of US capital markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 151-178, July.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2002.
"Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2533-2570, December.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2000. "Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending," NBER Working Papers 7685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sudheer Chava & Michael R. Roberts, 2008. "How Does Financing Impact Investment? The Role of Debt Covenants," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(5), pages 2085-2121, October.
- Mathilde Maurel, 2001. "Investment, Efficiency, and Credit Rationing: Evidence from Hungarian Panel Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 403, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Whited, Toni M, 1992.
" Debt, Liquidity Constraints, and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Panel Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1425-1460, September.
- Toni M. Whited, 1990. "Debt, liquidity constraints, and corporate investment: evidence from panel data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 114, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Feder, Gershon, 1985. "The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 297-313, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Minjia & Guariglia, Alessandra, 2013. "Internal financial constraints and firm productivity in China: Do liquidity and export behavior make a difference?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1123-1140.
- Giammario Impullitti & Richard Kneller & Danny McGowan, 2017. "Demand-driven technical change and productivity growth: Evidence from the US Energy Policy Act," Discussion Papers 2017-07, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Ã‡agatay Bircan & Ralph de Haas, 2015.
"The Limits of Lending: Banks and Technology Adoption across Russia,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5461, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bircan, Cagatay & de Haas, R., 2015. "The Limits of Lending : Banks and Technology Adoption Across Russia," Discussion Paper 2015-011, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Levine, Oliver & Warusawitharana, Missaka, 2014. "Finance and Productivity Growth: Firm-level Evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nuri Ersahin, 2017. "Creditor Rights, Technology Adoption, and Productivity: Plant-Level Evidence," Working Papers 17-36, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Minjia Chen & Alessandra Guariglia, "undated". "Financial constraints and firm productivity in China: do liquidity and export behavior make a difference?," Discussion Papers 11/09, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Cornaggia, Jess, 2013. "Does risk management matter? Evidence from the U.S. agricultural industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 419-440.
- Castillo, Leopoldo Laborda & Guasch, Jose Luis, 2012. "Overdraft facility policy and firm performance : an empirical analysis in eastern European Union industrial firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6101, The World Bank.
- Lau, Chee Kwong, 2016. "How corporate derivatives use impact firm performance?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 102-114.
- Yang, Tina & Zhao, Shan, 2014. "CEO duality and firm performance: Evidence from an exogenous shock to the competitive environment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 534-552.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:124:y:2017:i:3:p:580-598 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon, 2015. "Intelligence and finance," MPRA Paper 68950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karthik Krishnan & Debarshi K. Nandy & Manju Puri, 2015.
"Does Financing Spur Small Business Productivity? Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 28(6), pages 1768-1809.
- Karthik Krishnan & Debarshi Nandy & Manju Puri, 2014. "Does Financing Spur Small Business Productivity? Evidence from a Natural Experiment," NBER Working Papers 20149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tleubayev, Alisher & Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Götz, Linde & Hockmann, Heinrich & Glauben, Thomas, 2017.
"Determinants of productivity and efficiency of wheat production in Kazakhstan: A stochastic frontier approach
[Determinanten von Produktivität und Effizienz der Weizenproduktion in Kasachstan: Ein ," IAMO Discussion Papers 160, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:2:p:440-461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cornaggia, Jess & Mao, Yifei & Tian, Xuan & Wolfe, Brian, 2015. "Does banking competition affect innovation?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 189-209.
- Wang, Chenguang & Oppedahl, David, 2015. "Low Access to Credit Decreases Asset Prices - Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment in Agriculture," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205127, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kandilov, Amy M.G. & Kandilov, Ivan T., 2013. "The Impact of Interstate Bank Branching Deregulations on the U.S. Agricultural Sector: From Better Access to Credit to Higher Farm Sales and Profits," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149820, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- McGowan, Danny, 2014. "Do entry barriers reduce productivity? Evidence from a natural experiment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 97-100.
- Bruce Dwyer & Bernice Kotey, 2015. "Financing SME Growth: The Role of the National Stock Exchange of Australia and Business Advisors," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(2), pages 114-123, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAccess to finance Economic growth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:99:y:2011:i:1:p:184-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.