Does it pay to be loyal? An empirical analysis of underwriting relationships and fees
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krigman, Laurie & Shaw, Wayne H. & Womack, Kent L., 2001. "Why do firms switch underwriters?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 245-284, May.
- Tufano, Peter, 1989. "Financial innovation and first-mover advantages," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 213-240, December.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Frost, Peter A., 1986. "Issuing costs to existing shareholders in competitive and negotiated underwritten public utility equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 233-259.
- Allen, David S & Lamy, Robert E & Thompson, G Rodney, 1990. " The Shelf Registration of Debt and Self Selection Bias," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 275-287, March.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1989.
"Optimal Contracts with Lock-In,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 51-68, March.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1987. "Optimal Contracts with Lock-In," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt19f324hf, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1987. "Optimal Contracts with Lock-In," Economics Working Papers 8758, University of California at Berkeley.
- Denis, David J, 1991. "Shelf Registration and the Market for Seasoned Equity Offerings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(2), pages 189-212, April.
- Neil Esho & Michael G. Kollo & Ian G. Sharpe, 2006.
"Eurobond underwriter spreads,"
Accounting and Finance,
Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(1), pages 71-95.
- Neil Esho & Ian Sharpe, 2004. "Eurobond Underwriter Spreads," FMG Discussion Papers dp503, Financial Markets Group.
- Esho, Neil & Kollo, Michael G. & Sharpe, Ian G., 2004. "Eurobond underwriter spreads," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kidwell, David S & Marr, M Wayne & Thompson, G Rodney, 1987. "Shelf Registration: Competition and Market Flexibility," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 181-206, April.
- Bhattacharyya, Sugato & Nanda, Vikram, 2000. "Client Discretion, Switching Costs, and Financial Innovation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 1101-1127.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Ho, Keng-Yu & Weng, Pei-Shih, 2013. "IPO underwriting and subsequent lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5208-5219.
- Bradley, Daniel & Choi, Hyung-Suk & Clarke, Jonathan, 2011. "Working for the enemy? The impact of investment banker job changes on deal flow," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 585-596, September.
- Lyandres, Evgeny, 2010. "Target leverage and the costs of issuing seasoned equity," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 39-52, March.
- Gunay, Erdal & Ursel, Nancy, 2015. "Underwriter competition in accelerated seasoned equity offerings: Evidence from Canada," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 94-110.
- Huang, Rongbing & Shangguan, Zhaoyun & Zhang, Donghang, 2008. "The networking function of investment banks: Evidence from private investments in public equity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 738-752, December.
- Wei Luo & Pingui Rao & Heng Yue, 2010. "Information Risk and Underwriter Switching in SEOs: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7-8), pages 905-928.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & William Megginson & Scott B. Smart, 2008.
"The Rise of Accelerated Seasoned Equity Underwritings,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 20(3), pages 35-57.
- William L. Megginson & Bernardo Bortolotti & Scott B. Smart, 2007. "The Rise of Accelerated Seasoned Equity Underwritings," Working Papers 2007.5, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Chou, De-Wai & Lai, Christine W. & Yeh, Yi-Ting, 2014. "The role of lending-relationship banks in the underwriting of seasoned equity offerings: Conflict of interest or certification?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 327-346.
- Walter Boudry & Jarl Kallberg & Crocker Liu, 2011. "Analyst Behavior and Underwriter Choice," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 5-38, July.
- Oesch, David & Schuette, Dustin & Walter, Ingo, 2014. "Real Effects of Investment Banking Relationships: Evidence from the Financial Crisis," Working Papers on Finance 1405, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Aug 2015.
- Liu Jianghui, 2011. "Why Chinese listed companies frequently switch lead underwriters in seasoned equity offerings: A perspective of listed companies' loyalty," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 280-312, July.
- Chod, Jiri & Lyandres, Evgeny, 2011. "Strategic IPOs and product market competition," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 45-67, April.
- Chuluun, Tuugi, 2015. "The role of underwriter peer networks in IPOs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 62-78.
- McKenzie, C.R. & Takaoka, Sumiko, 2013. "The matching of lead underwriters and issuing firms in the Japanese corporate bond market," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 86-97.
- Katsushi Suzuki & Kazuo Yamada, 2010. "Does the Intended Use of Proceeds and Bank's Characteristics Affect the Bank Underwriters' Certification Role? Evidence from Seasoned Equity Offerings," Discussion Papers 2010-55, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:176-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yasuda, Ayako, 2007. "Bank relationships and underwriter competition: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 369-404, November.
- repec:pal:jbkreg:v:18:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_s41261-016-0035-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- McKenzie, C.R. & Takaoka, Sumiko, 2008. "Underwriter reputation and switching," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 215-222.
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & May, Anthony D. & Megginson, William L., 2015. "Prestige without purpose? Reputation, differentiation, and pricing in U.S. equity underwriting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 41-63.
- Ergungor, Ozgur E. & Madureira, Leonardo & Nayar, Nandkumar & Singh, Ajai K., 2015. "Lending relationships and analysts’ forecasts," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 71-88.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:49:y:2018:i:c:p:283-307 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bharath, Sreedhar & Dahiya, Sandeep & Saunders, Anthony & Srinivasan, Anand, 2007. "So what do I get? The bank's view of lending relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 368-419, August.
- O. Emre Ergungor & Leonardo Madureira & Nandkumar Nayar & Ajai K. Singh, 2011. "Banking relationships and sell-side research," Working Paper 1114, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:77:y:2005:i:3:p:673-699. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.