Issuing costs to existing shareholders in competitive and negotiated underwritten public utility equity offerings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Kenneth B. Dunn & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1984. "Modeling the Term Structure of Interest Rates Under Nonseparable Utilityand Duriability of Goods," NBER Working Papers 1415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1983. "Stochastic Consumption, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Asset Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 249-265, April.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1968. "Saving and Uncertainty: The Precautionary Demand for Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 465-473.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1974. "An aggregation theorem for securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Shiller, Robert J., 1982.
"Consumption correlatedness and risk measurement in economies with non-traded assets and heterogeneous information,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 195-210, July.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Robert J. Shiller, 1981. "Consumption Correlatedness and Risk Measurement in Economies with Non trade Assets and Heterogeneous Information," NBER Working Papers 0690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Congsheng, 2005. "The pricing of global versus domestic seasoned equity offers," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 31-49, February.
- Mayers, David, 1998. "Why firms issue convertible bonds: the matching of financial and real investment options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 83-102, January.
- B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag, 1997. "Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 223-261, November.
- Dunbar, Craig G., 1998. "The Choice between Firm-Commitment and Best-Efforts Offering Methods in IPOs: The Effect of Unsuccessful Offers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 60-90, January.
- Jun-Koo, Kang & Lee, Yul W., 1996. "The pricing of convertible debt offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 231-248, June.
- Hansen, Robert S., 2001. "Do investment banks compete in IPOs?: the advent of the "7% plus contract"," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 313-346, March.
- Yener Altunbas & Alper Kara & David Marques-Ibanez, 2010.
"Large debt financing: syndicated loans versus corporate bonds,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 437-458.
- Altunbas, Yener & Kara, Alper & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2009. "Large debt financing: syndicated loans versus corporate bonds," Working Paper Series 1028, European Central Bank.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Shu, Pei-Gi & Chiang, Sue-Jane, 2011. "The choice between bookbuilding and fixed-price offering: Evidence from SEOs in Taiwan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 28-48, February.
- Jain, Bharat A. & Kini, Omesh, 1999. "On investment banker monitoring in the new issues market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 49-84, January.
- James C. Brau & Gardner Gee, 2010. "Micro-IPOs: An Analysis of the Small Corporate Offering Registration (SCOR) Procedure with National Data," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 14(3), pages 69-89, Fall.
- Logue, Dennis E. & Tinic, Seha M., 1999. "Optimal choice of contracting methods: negotiated versus competitive underwritings revisited," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 451-471, March.
- Burch, Timothy R. & Nanda, Vikram & Warther, Vincent, 2005. "Does it pay to be loyal? An empirical analysis of underwriting relationships and fees," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 673-699, September.
- Noronha, Gregory M. & Shome, Dilip K. & Morgan, George E., 1996. "The monitoring rationale for dividends and the interaction of capital structure and dividend decisions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 439-454, April.
- Altinkilic, Oya & Hansen, Robert S., 2003. "Discounting and underpricing in seasoned equity offers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 285-323, August.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Spindt, Paul A. & Subramaniam, Venkat, 1999. "Information asymmetry, monitoring, and the placement structure of corporate debt," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 407-434, March.
- Esho, Neil & Lam, Yung & Sharpe, Ian G., 2002. "Are maturity and debt type decisions interrelated? Evidence from Australian firms in international capital markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 549-569, November.
- Muhtaseb, Majed R. & Philippatos, George C., 1995. "Shareholder wealth effects of common stock offerings," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 175-193.
- Yeoman, John C., 2001. "The optimal spread and offering price for underwritten securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 169-198, October.
- Shen, Carl Hsin-han, 2014. "Pecking order, access to public debt market, and information asymmetry," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 291-306.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2017:i:1:p:88-:d:124917 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark S. Carey & Stephen D. Prowse & John Rea & Gregory F. Udell, 1993. "The economics of the private placement market," Staff Studies 166, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & May, Anthony D. & Megginson, William L., 2015. "Prestige without purpose? Reputation, differentiation, and pricing in U.S. equity underwriting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 41-63.
- Esho, Neil & Lam, Yung & Sharpe, Ian G., 2001. "Choice of Financing Source in International Debt Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 276-305, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:15:y:1986:i:1-2:p:233-259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.