The permanent income hypothesis under permanent-transitory confusion
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lawson, T, 1980. "Adaptive Expectations and Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 305-20, January.
- Michel Normandin, 1992.
"Precautionary Saving: An Explanation for Excess Sensitivity of Consumption,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
3, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Normandin, Michel, 1994. "Precautionary Saving: An Explanation for Excess Sensitivity of Consumption," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 205-19, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1988. "Imperfect information and the permanent income hypothesis," Staff Memoranda 88-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1987. "A superior measure of consumption from the panel study of income dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 213-216.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters, in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:49:y:1997:i:1:p:77-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.