Precautionary Saving: An Explanation for Excess Sensitivity of Consumption
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Normandin, Michel, 1994. "Precautionary Saving: An Explanation for Excess Sensitivity of Consumption," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 205-219, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Normandin, Michel, 1993.
"Épargne de précaution et revenu de travail incertain : un survol de la littérature,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 69(4), pages 347-364, décembre.
- Michel Normandin, 1992. "Épargne de précaution et revenu de travail incertain: un survol de la littérature," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 9, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Karen E. Dynan & Spencer D. Krane, 2003.
"Unemployment Risk and Precautionary Wealth: Evidence from Households' Balance Sheets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 586-604, August.
- Christopher D Carroll & Karen E Dynan & Spencer D Krane, 1999. "Unemployment Risk and Precautionary Wealth: Evidence from Households' Balance Sheets," Economics Working Paper Archive 416, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Karen E. Dynan & Spencer D. Krane, 1999. "Unemployment risk and precautionary wealth: evidence from households' balance sheets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lage, Maureen J., 1997. "The permanent income hypothesis under permanent-transitory confusion," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 77-90, February.
- Siegmann, Arjen, 2002.
"Optimal saving rules for loss-averse agents under uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 27-34, September.
- Arjen H. Siegmann, 2001. "Optimal Saving Rules for Loss-Averse Agents under Uncertainty," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-079/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Letendre, Marc-Andre & Smith, Gregor W., 2001.
"Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 197-215, August.
- Marc-Andre Letendre & Gregor Smith, 2000. "Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM," Working Papers 1247, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Sule Alan, 2004. "Precautionary Wealth and Portfolio Allocation: Evidence from Canadian Microdata," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 117, McMaster University.
More about this item
Keywordsmartingale hypothesis; excess sensitivity; precautionary savings; exact tests.;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cre:crefwp:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stéphane Pallage). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crefeca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .