Demographic diversity for building an effective entrepreneurial team: is it important?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Colombo, Massimo G & Delmastro, Marco, 2001. "Technology-Based Entrepreneurs: Does Internet Make a Difference?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 177-190, May.
- Gartner, William B., 1990. "What are we talking about when we talk about entrepreneurship?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-28, January.
- Watson, Warren E. & Ponthieu, Louis D. & Critelli, Joseph W., 1995. "Team interpersonal process effectiveness in venture partnerships and its connection to perceived success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 393-411, September.
- Don Y. Lee, 2001. "The effects of entrepreneurial personality, background and network activities on venture growth," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 583-602, June.
- Kisfalvi, Veronika, 2002. "The entrepreneur's character, life issues, and strategy making: A field study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 489-518, September.
- Mcgrath, Rita Gunther & Venkataraman, S. & Macmillan, Ian C., 1994. "The advantage chain: Antecedents to rents from internal corporate ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 351-369, September.
- Ensley, Michael D. & Pearson, Allison W. & Amason, Allen C., 2002. "Understanding the dynamics of new venture top management teams: cohesion, conflict, and new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 365-386, July.
- Rita Gunther McGrath & Ming-Hone Tsai & S. Venkataraman & I. C. MacMillan, 1996. "Innovation, Competitive Advantage and Rent: A Model and Test," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 389-403, March.
- Higashide, Hironori & Birley, Sue, 2002. "The consequences of conflict between the venture capitalist and the entrepreneurial team in the United Kingdom from the perspective of the venture capitalist," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 59-81, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uwe Cantner & Michael Stützer, 2010.
"The Use and Effect of Social Capital in New Venture Creation - Solo Entrepreneurs vs. New Venture Teams,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2010-012, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Cantner, Uwe & Michael, Stuetzer, 2013. "Knowledge and innovative entrepreneurship - social capital and individual capacities," MPRA Paper 52482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhou Wencang & Rosini Elizabeth, 2015. "Entrepreneurial Team Diversity and Performance: Toward an Integrated Model," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Guy Parmentier & Séverine Leloarne-Lemaire & Mustapha Belkhouja, 2017.
"Female Creativity in Organizations: What is the Impact of Team Composition in Terms of Gender during Ideation Processes?
[La creatividad de las mujeres en las organizaciones: ¿Cuál es el impacto de," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01700895, HAL.
- Augustine Yao Dzathor, 2013. "Do Business Demographics Matter to Nascent Venture Performance? A Longitudinal Evidence from the Kauffman Firm Survey," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 3(8), pages 44-56, August.
- Mikael Samuelsson & Per Davidsson, 2009. "Does venture opportunity variation matter? Investigating systematic process differences between innovative and imitative new ventures," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 229-255, August.
- Zarutskie, Rebecca, 2010. "The role of top management team human capital in venture capital markets: Evidence from first-time funds," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 155-172, January.
- Tobias Kollmann & Christoph Stöckmann & Yvonne Meves & Julia M. Kensbock, 2017. "When members of entrepreneurial teams differ: linking diversity in individual-level entrepreneurial orientation to team performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 843-859, April.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10961-017-9563-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Loane, S. & Bell, J.D. & McNaughton, R., 2007. "A cross-national study on the impact of management teams on the rapid internationalization of small firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 489-504, December.
- Juan Pablo Diánez-González & Carmen Camelo-Ordaz, 2016. "How management team composition affects academic spin-offs’ entrepreneurial orientation: the mediating role of conflict," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 530-557, June.
- Stefano Denicolai & Birgit Hagen & Alessia Pisoni, 2015. "Be international or be innovative? Be both? The role of the entrepreneurial profile," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 390-417, December.
- Beckman, Christine M. & Burton, M. Diane & O'Reilly, Charles, 2007. "Early teams: The impact of team demography on VC financing and going public," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 147-173, March.
- repec:wsi:jecxxx:v:25:y:2017:i:01:n:s0218495817500029 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sander Hoogendoorn & Hessel Oosterbeek & Mirjam van Praag, 2013.
"The Impact of Gender Diversity on the Performance of Business Teams: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
INFORMS, vol. 59(7), pages 1514-1528, July.
- Sander Hoogendoorn & Hessel Oosterbeek & Mirjam van Praag, 2011. "The Impact of Gender Diversity on the Performance of Business Teams: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-074/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 01 May 2014.
- Wencang Zhou, 2016. "When does shared leadership matter in entrepreneurial teams: the role of personality composition," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 153-169, March.
- Breugst, Nicola & Patzelt, Holger & Rathgeber, Philipp, 2015. "How should we divide the pie? Equity distribution and its impact on entrepreneurial teams," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 66-94.
- Rosendahl Huber, Laura & Sloof, Randolph & van Praag, Mirjam C., 2014. "Jacks-of-All-Trades? The Effect of Balanced Skills on Team Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 8237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Prescott C. Ensign & Nicholas P. Robinson, 2016. "Offensive and Defensive Corporate Entrepreneurship: Learning to Think Like an Outsider," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 24(02), pages 169-191, June.
- Lars Hornuf & Matthias Schmitt & Eliza Stenzhorn, 2017. "Equity Crowdfunding in Germany and the UK: Follow-up Funding and Firm Failure," CESifo Working Paper Series 6642, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alex Coad & Sara Amoroso & Nicola Grassano, 2017.
"Diversity in one dimension alongside greater similarity in others: evidence from FP7 cooperative research teams,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 42(5), pages 1170-1183, October.
- Alexander Coad & Sara Amoroso & Nicola Grassano, 2016. "Diversity in one dimension alongside greater similarity in others: Evidence from FP7 cooperative research teams," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2016-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:20:y:2005:i:6:p:727-746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.