Self-image congruence in consumer behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Landon, E Lard, Jr, 1974. " Self Concept, Ideal Self Concept, and Consumer Purchase Intentions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 44-51, Se.
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-168, September.
- Kressmann, Frank & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Herrmann, Andreas & Huber, Frank & Huber, Stephanie & Lee, Dong-Jin, 2006. "Direct and indirect effects of self-image congruence on brand loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 955-964, September.
- Malhotra, Naresh K., 1988. "Self concept and product choice: An integrated perspective," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Sirgy, M Joseph, 1982. " Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 287-300, December.
- Solomon, Michael R, 1983. " The Role of Products as Social Stimuli: A Symbolic Interactionism Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 319-329, December.
- Gross, Michael J. & Brown, Graham, 2006. "Tourism experiences in a lifestyle destination setting: The roles of involvement and place attachment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 696-700, June.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
- Sirgy, M. Joseph & Grewal, Dhruv & Mangleburg, Tamara, 2000. "Retail Environment, Self-Congruity, and Retail Patronage: An Integrative Model and a Research Agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 127-138, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mandy Loh & Maisarah Ahmad & Suhaila Abdul Kadir & Syed Shah Alam, 2015. "Influence Of Customer Values And Self-Image Congruity On Customer Behavior-Based Crm Performance," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(1), pages 23-44, May.
- repec:asi:ijoass:2018:p:34-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas, Veronica L. & Yeh, Marie & Jewell, Robert D., 2015. "Enhancing valuation: the impact of self-congruence with a brand on the endowment effect," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 178-185.
- Kaufmann, Hans Ruediger & Petrovici, Dan Alex & Filho, Cid Gonçalves & Ayres, Adriano, 2016. "Identifying moderators of brand attachment for driving customer purchase intention of original vs counterfeits of luxury brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5735-5747.
- Allison Ford & Anne Marie MacKintosh & Linda Bauld & Crawford Moodie & Gerard Hastings, 2016. "Adolescents’ responses to the promotion and flavouring of e-cigarettes," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(2), pages 215-224, March.
- Naili Farida & Elia Ardyan, 2015. "Repeat Purchase Intention of Starbucks Consumers in Indonesia: A Green Brand Approach," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 27(2), pages 189-202.
- Nic S. Terblanche, 2016. "Measuring word-of-mouth activity after a service encounter: are we measuring what customers communicate?," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 10(2), pages 283-299, June.
- Han, Heesup & Kim, Yunhi & Kim, Chulwon & Ham, Sunny, 2015. "Medical hotels in the growing healthcare business industry: Impact of international travelers' perceived outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1869-1877.
- repec:eee:touman:v:40:y:2014:i:c:p:213-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:65:y:2018:i:c:p:245-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2017:i:1:p:80-:d:124836 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:amsrev:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s13162-017-0092-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:49:y:2015:i:c:p:29-41 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSelf-image congruence; Cruise ship passenger experiences; Satisfaction; Intention to recommend;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:5:p:685-691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.