Innovative capabilities: Their drivers and effects on current and future performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anoop Madhok & Thomas Osegowitsch, 2000. "The International Biotechnology Industry: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(2), pages 325-335, June.
- Luis Filipe Lages & Sandy D Jap & David A Griffith, 2008. "The role of past performance in export ventures: a short-term reactive approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(2), pages 304-325, March.
- Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Li, Caroline Bingxin, 2010. "How strategic orientations influence the building of dynamic capability in emerging economies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 224-231, March.
- Luo, Yadong, 2000. "Dynamic capabilities in international expansion," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 355-378, January.
- Jongseok Lee & Jeho Lee & Habin Lee, 2003. "Exploration and Exploitation in the Presence of Network Externalities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 553-570, April.
- John W Cadogan & Adamantios Diamantopoulos & Charles Pahud de Mortanges, 1999. "A Measure of Export Market Orientation: Scale Development and Cross-cultural Validation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(4), pages 689-707, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ljungquist, Urban, 2012. "New Dimensions Added for Enhanced Core Competence Application," Working Papers 2012/03, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Soumodip Sarkar & Dulce Matos Coelho & João Maroco, 2016. "Strategic Orientations, Dynamic Capabilities, and Firm Performance: an Analysis for Knowledge Intensive Business Services," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(4), pages 1000-1020, December.
- Bustinza, Oscar F. & Vendrell-Herrero, Ferran & Gomes, Emanuel, 2020. "Unpacking the effect of strategic ambidexterity on performance: A cross-country comparison of MMNEs developing product-service innovation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6).
- Sivakumar, K. & Feng, Cong, 2019. "Patterns of product improvements and customer response," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 27-43.
- Ma, Zhenzhong & Yu, Mingyang & Gao, Chongyan & Zhou, Jieru & Yang, Zhenning, 2015. "Institutional constraints of product innovation in China: Evidence from international joint ventures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 949-956.
- Zhao, Yushan & Cavusgil, Erin & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2014. "An investigation of the black-box supplier integration in new product development," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1058-1064.
- Jorge Ferreira & Sofia Cardim & Arnaldo Coelho, 0. "Dynamic Capabilities and Mediating Effects of Innovation on the Competitive Advantage and Firm’s Performance: the Moderating Role of Organizational Learning Capability," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 0, pages 1-25.
- Chen, Yi-Min & Yang, De-Hsin & Lin, Feng-Jyh, 2013. "Does technological diversification matter to firm performance? The moderating role of organizational slack," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1970-1975.
- Kindström, Daniel & Kowalkowski, Christian & Sandberg, Erik, 2013. "Enabling service innovation: A dynamic capabilities approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1063-1073.
- Erkut AltÄ±ndaÄŸ & Hande BilaloÄŸlu AktÃ¼rk, 2020. "The Impact of New Generation Management Approaches on the Firm Performance: The Moderating Role of Strategic Human Resource Management Applications," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(3), pages 21582440209, September.
- Cláudia P. Ribau & António C. Moreira & Mário Raposo, 2017. "SMEs innovation capabilities and export performance: an entrepreneurial orientation view," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 920-934, September.
- Xu, Hangjun & Guo, Huiling & Zhang, Jing & Dang, Anh, 2018. "Facilitating dynamic marketing capabilities development for domestic and foreign firms in an emerging economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 141-152.
- Allen, Mathew R. & Adomdza, Gordon K. & Meyer, Marc H., 2015. "Managing for innovation: Managerial control and employee level outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 371-379.
- Benjamin Weber & Sven Heidenreich, 2016. "Improving Innovation Capabilities By Cooperation: Examining Effects Of Core Network Management Functions And Relational Mechanisms In The Industrial Goods Sector," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(07), pages 1-29, October.
- Ryan, Paul & Geoghegan, Will & Hilliard, Rachel, 2018. "The microfoundations of firmsâ€™ explorative innovation capabilities within the triple helix framework," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 76, pages 15-27.
- Wang, Guangping & Dou, Wenyu & Zhu, Weichun & Zhou, Nan, 2015. "The effects of firm capabilities on external collaboration and performance: The moderating role of market turbulence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1928-1936.
- Makkonen, Hannu & Pohjola, Mikko & Olkkonen, Rami & Koponen, Aki, 2014. "Dynamic capabilities and firm performance in a financial crisis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2707-2719.
- Yalcinkaya, Goksel & Aktekin, Tevfik & Yeniyurt, Sengun, 2020. "Out with the old: A Bayesian approach to estimating product modification rates," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 141-149.
- Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Garrido, Elisabet & González, Minerva, 2020. "Ownership in cross-border acquisitions and entry timing of the target firm," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(2).
- Stern Neill & Gurmeet Singh & Raghuvar Dutt Pathak, 2014. "Technology and Marketing Capabilities in a Developing Economic Context: Assessing the Resource-Based View within a Boundary Condition," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 13(1), pages 75-92, June.
- Cristina Quintana-García & Carlos A. Benavides-Velasco & Vanesa F. Guzmán-Parra, 2016. "Science-based Firms Going Public: The Role of Patent Indicators and Top Management Teams," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 243-259, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lin, Yini & Wu, Lei-Yu, 2014. "Exploring the role of dynamic capabilities in firm performance under the resource-based view framework," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 407-413.
- Stephanie Fernhaber, 2013. "Untangling the relationship between new venture internationalization and performance," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 220-242, September.
- Li, Shenxue & Easterby-Smith, Mark & Hong, Jacky F.L., 2019. "Towards an understanding of the nature of dynamic capabilities in high-velocity markets of China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 212-226.
- Efrat, Kalanit & Hughes, Paul & Nemkova, Ekaterina & Souchon, Anne L. & Sy-Changco, Joseph, 2018. "Leveraging of Dynamic export capabilities for competitive advantage and performance consequences: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 114-124.
- Meena Chavan & Renu Agarwal, 2016. "The Efficacy of Linkages for Relational Capability Building and Internationalization-Indian and Australian Mining Firms," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 15(1), pages 51-78, June.
- Lages, Luis Filipe & Silva, Graça & Styles, Chris & Pereira, Zulema Lopes, 2009. "The NEP Scale: A measure of network export performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 344-356, August.
- Wu, Lei-Yu, 2010. "Applicability of the resource-based and dynamic-capability views under environmental volatility," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 27-31, January.
- Chia-Wen Hsu & Homin Chen, 2009. "Foreign Direct Investment and Capability Development," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 49(5), pages 585-605, October.
- White, George O. & Hemphill, Thomas A. & Joplin, Janice R.W. & Marsh, Laurence A., 2014. "Wholly owned foreign subsidiary relation-based strategies in volatile environments," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 303-312.
- Dirk Boehe & Luciano Barin Cruz, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility, Product Differentiation Strategy and Export Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 325-346, February.
- Anita Ciunova-Shuleska & Christian Nedu Osakwe & Nikolina Palamidovska-Sterjadovska, 2016. "Complementary impact of capabilities and brand orientation on SMBs performance," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 1270-1285, November.
- Coviello, Nicole E. & Jones, Marian V., 2004. "Methodological issues in international entrepreneurship research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 485-508, July.
- Pino G. Audia & Jack A. Goncalo, 2007. "Past Success and Creativity over Time: A Study of Inventors in the Hard Disk Drive Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Yi-Ju Lo & Tung Hung, 2015. "Structure offshoring and returns on offshoring," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 443-479, June.
- Quan Anh Nguyen & Gillian Sullivan Mort, 0. "Conceptualising organisational-level and microfoundational capabilities: an integrated view of born-globals’ internationalisation," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-23.
- Matsuno, Ken & Kohlbacher, Florian, 2020. "Proactive marketing response to population aging: The roles of capabilities and commitment of firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 93-104.
- Ziggers, Gerrit Willem & Tjemkes, Brian, 2010. "Dynamics in Inter‐Firm Collaboration: The Impact of Alliance Capabilities on Performance," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 1(2), pages 1-16.
- Liu, Yulong & Yu, Yang, 2018. "Institutions, firm resources and the foreign establishment mode choices of Chinese firms: The moderating role of home regional institutional development," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 111-121.
- Sun, Wenbin & Price, Joseph & Ding, Yuan, 2019. "The longitudinal effects of internationalization on firm performance: The moderating role of marketing capability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 326-337.
- Alberto Onetti & Hal Steger, 2007. "Formulating an open source business model requires community segmentation and targeted marketing," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0707, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
More about this item
KeywordsCustomer and competitor orientation; Exploitative and explorative capabilities; Exporting; Performance;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:11:p:1157-1161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.