Investment opportunities and dividend omissions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Trout, Robert R., 1979. "Comment: Regulatory procedures, investment opportunities, and stock valuation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 259-266, September.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000.
"Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage, and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 265-295, February.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 1998. "Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Yenn-Ru & Chuang, Wei-Ting, 2009. "Alignment or entrenchment? Corporate governance and cash holdings in growing firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(11), pages 1200-1206, November.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 1988. "Earnings information conveyed by dividend initiations and omissions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 149-175, September.
- Chinmoy Ghosh & J. Randall Woolridge, 1988. "An Analysis Of Shareholder Reaction To Dividend Cuts And Omissions," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(4), pages 281-294, December.
- Choi, Won W. & Kwon, Sung S. & Lobo, Gerald J., 2000. "Market Valuation of Intangible Assets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 35-45, July.
- Michaely, Roni & Thaler, Richard H & Womack, Kent L, 1995.
" Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 573-608, June.
- Roni Michaely & Richard H. Thaler & Kent Womack, 1994. "Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?," NBER Working Papers 4778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary L. Caton & Jeremy Goh & Ninon Kohers, 2003. "Dividend Omissions and Intraindustry Information Transfers," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 51-64.
- Yoon, Pyung Sig & Starks, Laura T, 1995. "Signaling, Investment Opportunities, and Dividend Announcements," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(4), pages 995-1018.
- Sant, Rajiv & Cowan, Arnold R., 1994. "Do dividends signal earnings? The case of omitted dividends," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1113-1133, December.
- Yi Liu & Samuel H. Szewczyk & Zaher Zantout, 2008. "Underreaction to Dividend Reductions and Omissions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 987-1020, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Efendi, Jap & Park, Jin Dong & Smith, L. Murphy, 2014. "Do XBRL filings enhance informational efficiency? Early evidence from post-earnings announcement drift," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1099-1105.
More about this item
KeywordsDividend omission Investment opportunities Information asymmetries Signaling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:10:p:1108-1115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.