Short interest and the asymmetry of the price-volume relationship in the Canadian stock market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wood, Robert A & McInish, Thomas H & Ord, J Keith, 1985. " An Investigation of Transactions Data for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 723-739, July.
- Figlewski, Stephen, 1981. "The Informational Effects of Restrictions on Short Sales: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 463-476, November.
- Epps, Thomas W & Epps, Mary Lee, 1976. "The Stochastic Dependence of Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Implications for the Mixture-of-Distributions Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 305-321, March.
- Charles M. Oellermann & B. Wade Brorsen & Paul L. Farris, 1989. "Price discovery for feeder cattle," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 113-121, April.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Copeland, Thomas E., 1977. "A Probability Model of Asset Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 563-578, November.
- Schneller, Meir I, 1978. "Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 696-697, September.
- J. Harold Mulherin, 1990. "Regulation, Trading Volume and Stock Market Volatility," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 41(5), pages 923-938.
- Epps, Thomas W, 1975. "Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 586-597, September.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M, 1986. " A Theory of Trading Volume," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1069-1087, December.
- Black, Fischer, 1986. " Noise," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 529-543, July.
- G. J. Santoni, 1988. "The October crash: some evidence on the cascade theory," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 18-33.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Bailey, DeeVon & Richardson, James W., 1984. "Investigation Of Price Discovery And Efficiency For Cash And Futures Cotton Prices," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(01), July.
- Jennings, Robert H & Starks, Laura T & Fellingham, John C, 1981. "An Equilibrium Model of Asset Trading with Sequential Information Arrival," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 143-161, March.
- Copeland, Thomas E, 1976. "A Model of Asset Trading under the Assumption of Sequential Information Arrival," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1149-1168, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:1:p:184-221 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominique Dupont, 1997. "Extracting information from trading volume," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kumar, Brajesh & Singh, Priyanka & Pandey, Ajay, 2009. "The Dynamic Relationship between Price and Trading Volume:Evidence from Indian Stock Market," IIMA Working Papers WP2009-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Ólan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2006.
"The Impact of Short Selling on the Price-Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 671-692, March.
- Olan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2003. "The Impact of Short Selling on the Price–Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 869, The University of Melbourne.
- Olan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2004. "The Impact of Short Selling on the Price-Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 032004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tzu-Kuang Hsu & Chin-Chang Tsai, 2017. "Explore the Impact of the Trading Value, The Oil Price and Quantitative Easing Policy on the Taiwan and Korea Stock Market Return with Quantile Regression," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(1), pages 15-26, January.
- Brajesh Kumar & Priyanka Singh & Ajay Pandey, 2010. "The Dynamic Relationship between Price and Trading Volume: Evidence from Indian Stock Market," Working Papers id:2379, eSocialSciences.
- Crystal Xiaobei Chen, 2012. "The anatomy of short sales and price adjustment: evidence from the Hong Kong stock market," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 204-218, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:19:y:1995:i:8:p:1341-1358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.