Is increasing aircraft size common practice of airlines at congested airports?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Givoni, Moshe & Rietveld, Piet, 2009. "Airline's choice of aircraft size - Explanations and implications," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 500-510, June.
- Martin Dresner & Robert Windle & Yuliang Yao, 2002. "Airport Barriers to Entry in the US," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(3), pages 389-405, September.
- Gelhausen, Marc C. & Berster, Peter & Wilken, Dieter, 2013. "Do airport capacity constraints have a serious impact on the future development of air traffic?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 3-13.
- Branko Bubalo & Joachim Daduna, 2011. "Airport capacity and demand calculations by simulation—the case of Berlin-Brandenburg International Airport," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 161-181, October.
- Charlton, Andrew, 2009. "Airport regulation: Does a mature industry have mature regulation?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 116-120.
- Fukui, Hideki, 2012. "Do carriers abuse the slot system to inhibit airport capacity usage? Evidence from the US experience," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 1-6.
- Button, Kenneth, 2002. "Debunking some common myths about airport hubs," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 177-188.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Redondi, Renato & Gudmundsson, Sveinn Vidar, 2016. "Congestion spill effects of Heathrow and Frankfurt airports on connection traffic in European and Gulf hub airports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 287-297.
- Wilken, Dieter & Berster, Peter & Gelhausen, Marc C., 2016. "Analysis of demand structures on intercontinental routes to and from Europe with a view to identifying potential for new low-cost services," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 79-90.
More about this item
KeywordsAirport capacity; Airport utilisation; Airport congestion; Average seat capacity; Causal factors of average seat capacity development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:40-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.