Here we go againâ€¦the Permanently Failing Organization: An application to the airline industry in Eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaggero, Alberto A. & Piga, Claudio A., 2010. "Airline competition in the British Isles," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 270-279, March.
- Button, Kenneth, 2003. "Does the theory of the â€˜coreâ€™ explain why airlines fail to cover their long-run costs of capital?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 5-14.
- Barbot, Cristina & Costa, Ã lvaro & Sochirca, Elena, 2008. "Airlines performance in the new market context: A comparative productivity and efficiency analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 270-274.
- Romero-Hernandez, Manuel & Salgado, Hugo, 2005. "Economies of Density, Network Size and Spatial Scope in the European Airline Industry," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt9609m6hs, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Beria, Paolo & Niemeier, Hans-Martin & FrÃ¶hlich, Karsten, 2011. "Alitalia â€“ The failure of a national carrier," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 215-220.
- Dennis, Nigel, 2007. "End of the free lunch? The responses of traditional European airlines to the low-cost carrier threat," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 311-321.
- Bergamini, Elisabetta & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo, 2010. "Restructuring the Alitalia business model," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 16-19.
- Severin Borenstein, 2011. "Why Can't US Airlines Make Money?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 233-237, May.
- Creel, Michael & Farell, Montserrat, 2001. "Economies of scale in the US airline industry after deregulation: a Fourier series approximation," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 321-336, November.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Yearbook 2009," African Statistical Yearbook, African Development Bank, number 58 edited by Koua Louis Kouakou.
- Dean F. Eitel, 2004. "The Dynamics of Chronic Failure: A Longitudinal Study," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 243-250, August.
- Wojahn, Oliver W., 2012. "Why does the airline industry over-invest?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 1-8.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Schenone, Carola, 2012.
"Bankruptcy and product-market competition: Evidence from the airline industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 564-577.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Schenone, Carola, 2010. "Bankruptcy and Product-Market Competition: Evidence from the Airline Industry," MPRA Paper 24914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pisarek Renata, 2009. "Air transport liberalisation in the European Union and its impact on development of the civil aviation sector in Poland," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 12(3), pages 45-58, January.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
- Dean F. Eitel, 2004. "The Dynamics of Chronic Failure: A Longitudinal Study," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 24(4), pages 243-250, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jankiewicz, Jacek & Huderek-Glapska, Sonia, 2016. "The air transport market in Central and Eastern Europe after a decade of liberalisation – Different paths of growth," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 45-56.
- Kuljanin, Jovana & KaliÄ‡, Milica & Caggiani, Leonardo & Ottomanelli, Michele, 2019. "A comparative efficiency and productivity analysis: Implication to airlines located in Central and South-East Europe," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 152-163.
More about this item
KeywordsLiberalization and deregulation; Entry and exit; Permanently Failing Organizations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:35:y:2014:i:c:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.