The case against secured lending
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lummer, Scott L. & McConnell, John J., 1989. "Further evidence on the bank lending process and the capital-market response to bank loan agreements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 99-122, November.
- Webb, David C, 1991. "An Economic Evaluation of Insolvency Procedures in the United Kingdom: Does the 1986 Insolvency Act Satisfy the Creditors' Bargain?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 139-157, January.
- Scott, James H, Jr, 1977. "Bankruptcy, Secured Debt, and Optimal Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Orgler, Yair E, 1970. "A Credit Scoring Model for Commercial Loans," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 2(4), pages 435-445, November.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 1990. "Collateral, loan quality and bank risk," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 21-42, January.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Hester, Donald D, 1979. "Customer Relationships and Terms of Loans: Evidence from a Pilot Survey: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 349-357, August.
- Hudson, John, 1992. "The impact of the new bankruptcy code upon the average liability of bankrupt firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 351-371, April.
- Black, Fischer, 1975. "Bank funds management in an efficient market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 323-339, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clas Bergström & Theodore Eisenberg & Stefan Sundgren, 2004. "On the Design of Efficient Priority Rules for Secured Creditors: Empirical Evidence from A Change in Law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 273-297, December.
- Alan Schwartz, "undated". "A Normative Theory of Business Bankruptcy," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1037, American Law & Economics Association.
- van 't Veld, Klaas T. & Rausser, Gordon C. & Simon, Leo K., 2000. "Fitting the glass slipper: optimal capital structure in the face of liability," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5nb497vk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:15:y:1995:i:1:p:47-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.