How knowledge attributes influence alliance governance choices: A theory development note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Mowery, David C. & Oxley, Joanne E. & Silverman, Brian S., 1998. "Technological overlap and interfirm cooperation: implications for the resource-based view of the firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 507-523, September.
- Bernard L Simonin, 1999. "Transfer of Marketing Know-How in International Strategic Alliances: An Empirical Investigation of the Role and Antecedents of Knowledge Ambiguity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(3), pages 463-490, September.
- Maskell, Peter & Malmberg, Anders, 1999. "Localised Learning and Industrial Competitiveness," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 167-185, March.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Oxley, Joanne E., 1999. "Institutional environment and the mechanisms of governance: the impact of intellectual property protection on the structure of inter-firm alliances," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 283-309, March.
- Balakrishnan, Srinivasan & Koza, Mitchell P., 1993. "Information asymmetry, adverse selection and joint-ventures : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 99-117, January.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yue Wang & Stephen Nicholas, 2007. "The formation and evolution of non-equity strategic alliances in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 131-150, June.
- repec:spr:scient:v:95:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-0962-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Globerman, Steven & Nielsen, Bo Bernhard, 2007. "Equity versus non-equity international strategic alliances involving Danish firms: An empirical investigation of the relative importance of partner and host country determinants," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 449-471, December.
- Contractor, Farok J. & Woodley, James A., 2015. "How the alliance pie is split: Value appropriation by each partner in cross-border technology transfer alliances," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 535-547.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Kenneth Husted & Snejina Michailova, 2010. "Governing Knowledge Sharing in Organizations: Levels of Analysis, Governance Mechanisms, and Research Directions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 455-482, May.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard, 2005. "The role of knowledge embeddedness in the creation of synergies in strategic alliances," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(9), pages 1194-1204, September.
- Mazzola, Erica & Perrone, Giovanni, 2013. "A strategic needs perspective on operations outsourcing and other inter-firm relationships," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 256-267.
- O'Dwyer, Michèle & O'Flynn, Eamonn, 2005. "MNC-SME strategic alliances -- A model framing knowledge value as the primary predictor of governance modal choice," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 397-416, September.
- Yuandi Wang & Zhao Zhou & Jason Li-Ying, 2013. "The impact of licensed-knowledge attributes on the innovation performance of licensee firms: evidence from the Chinese electronic industry," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(5), pages 699-715, October.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2013. "Knowledge governance: meaning, origins and implications," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chih-Jou Chen & Chia-Chin Chang & Shiu-Wan Hung, 2011. "Influences of Technological Attributes and Environmental Factors on Technology Commercialization," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(4), pages 525-535, December.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:3:p:435-447 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bpj:erjour:v:3:y:2013:i:1:p:62-83:n:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0024-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pittino, Daniel & Visintin, Francesca, 2011. "The propensity toward inter-organizational cooperation in small- and medium-sized family businesses," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 57-68, June.
More about this item
KeywordsKnowledge management Alliance modal choice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:8:y:2002:i:1:p:11-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.