Pricing participating products with Markov-modulated jump–diffusion process: An efficient numerical PIDE approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Elliott & Leunglung Chan & Tak Kuen Siu, 2005. "Option pricing and Esscher transform under regime switching," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 423-432, October.
- Grosen, Anders & Lochte Jorgensen, Peter, 2000. "Fair valuation of life insurance liabilities: The impact of interest rate guarantees, surrender options, and bonus policies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 37-57, February.
- Davis, Mark H.A. & Johansson, Martin P., 2006. "Malliavin Monte Carlo Greeks for jump diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 101-129, January.
- Eric Fournié & Jean-Michel Lasry & Pierre-Louis Lions & Jérôme Lebuchoux, 2001. "Applications of Malliavin calculus to Monte-Carlo methods in finance. II," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 201-236.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Quandt, Richard E., 1973. "A Markov model for switching regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-15, March.
- Mark Broadie & Paul Glasserman, 1996. "Estimating Security Price Derivatives Using Simulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 269-285, February.
- Anna Rita Bacinello, 2003. "Fair Valuation of a Guaranteed Life Insurance Participating Contract Embedding a Surrender Option," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 461-487.
- Farzad Fard & Tak Siu, 2013. "Pricing and managing risks of European-style options in a Markovian regime-switching binomial model," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 421-438, August.
- David Prieul & Vladislav Putyatin & Tarek Nassar, 2001. "On pricing and reserving with-profits life insurance contracts," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 145-166.
- Naik, Vasanttilak, 1993. " Option Valuation and Hedging Strategies with Jumps in the Volatility of Asset Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1969-1984, December.
- Siu, Tak Kuen, 2005. "Fair valuation of participating policies with surrender options and regime switching," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 533-552, December.
- Marco Frittelli, 2000. "The Minimal Entropy Martingale Measure and the Valuation Problem in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 39-52.
- Asbjørn T. Hansen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen, 2000. "Analytical Valuation of American-Style Asian Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1116-1136, August.
- Bacinello, Anna Rita, 2001. "Fair Pricing of Life Insurance Participating Policies with a Minimum Interest Rate Guaranteed," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 275-297, November.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- A. -M. Matache & P. -A. Nitsche & C. Schwab, 2005. "Wavelet Galerkin pricing of American options on Levy driven assets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 403-424.
- Albert Lo & Chung-Sing Weng, 1989. "On a class of Bayesian nonparametric estimates: II. Hazard rate estimates," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 41(2), pages 227-245, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Hongcan & Saunders, David & Weng, Chengguo, 2017. "Optimal investment strategies for participating contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 137-155.
- Eckert, Johanna & Gatzert, Nadine & Martin, Michael, 2016. "Valuation and risk assessment of participating life insurance in the presence of credit risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 382-393.
- Farzad Alavi Fard & Firmin Doko Tchatoka & Sivagowry Sriananthakumar, 2015. "Maximum Entropy Evaluation of Asymptotic Hedging Error under a Generalised Jump-Diffusion Model," School of Economics Working Papers 2015-17, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsParticipating products; Generalized jump–diffusion model; Markov-switching compensator; Esscher transform; Reduction of dimensionality; Collocation method;
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:53:y:2013:i:3:p:712-721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.