The uncertain mortality intensity framework: Pricing and hedging unit-linked life insurance contracts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Young, Virginia R., 2008. "Pricing life insurance under stochastic mortality via the instantaneous Sharpe ratio," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 691-703, April.
- Dai, Min & Kwok, Yue Kuen & You, Hong, 2007. "Intensity-based framework and penalty formulation of optimal stopping problems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3860-3880, December.
- Biffis, Enrico, 2005. "Affine processes for dynamic mortality and actuarial valuations," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 443-468, December.
- Melnikov, Alexander & Romaniuk, Yulia, 2006. "Evaluating the performance of Gompertz, Makeham and Lee-Carter mortality models for risk management with unit-linked contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 310-329, December.
- Dahl, Mikkel, 2004. "Stochastic mortality in life insurance: market reserves and mortality-linked insurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 113-136, August.
- Cairns, Andrew J.G. & Blake, David & Dowd, Kevin, 2006. "Pricing Death: Frameworks for the Valuation and Securitization of Mortality Risk," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 79-120, May.
- Dahl, Mikkel & Moller, Thomas, 2006. "Valuation and hedging of life insurance liabilities with systematic mortality risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 193-217, October.
- Andrew J. G. Cairns & David Blake & Kevin Dowd, 2006. "A Two-Factor Model for Stochastic Mortality with Parameter Uncertainty: Theory and Calibration," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 687-718.
- Carter, Lawrence R. & Lee, Ronald D., 1992. "Modeling and forecasting US sex differentials in mortality," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 393-411, November.
- Milevsky, Moshe A. & David Promislow, S., 2001. "Mortality derivatives and the option to annuitise," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 299-318, December.
- M. Avellaneda & A. Levy & A. ParAS, 1995. "Pricing and hedging derivative securities in markets with uncertain volatilities," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 73-88.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristina Ciumas & Diana-Maria Chis, 2015. "A Comparative Analysis Between Unit-Linked Life Insurance And Other Alternative Investments," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 3, pages 27-36, June.
- Tahir Choulli & Catherine Daveloose & Mich`ele Vanmaele, 2015. "A martingale representation and risk's decomposition with applications: Mortality/longevity risk and securitization," Papers 1510.05858, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2017.
- Francesca Biagini & Yinglin Zhang, 2017. "Reduced-form framework and superhedging for payment streams under model uncertainty," Papers 1707.04475, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:118-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Biagini, Francesca & Zhang, Yinglin, 2016. "Polynomial diffusion models for life insurance liabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 114-129.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:149-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Biagini & Yinglin Zhang, 2016. "Polynomial Diffusion Models for Life Insurance Liabilities," Papers 1602.07910, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2016.
- Gan, Guojun, 2013. "Application of data clustering and machine learning in variable annuity valuation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 795-801.
More about this item
KeywordsUnit-linked life insurance contracts; Mortality model risk; Price bounds; Stochastic control;
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:49:y:2011:i:3:p:471-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .