A note on additive risk measures in rank-dependent utility
This note proves that risk measures obtained by applying the equivalent utility principle in rank-dependent utility are additive if and only if the utility function is linear or exponential and the probability weighting (distortion) function is the identity.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Laeven, Roger J.A., 2008. "Actuarial risk measures for financial derivative pricing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 540-547, April.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Tang, Qihe, 2004.
"A comonotonic image of independence for additive risk measures,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 581-594, December.
- Marc J. Goovaerts & Rob Kaas & Roger J.A. Laeven & Qihe Tang, 2004. "A Comonotonic Image of Independence for Additive Risk Measures," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-030/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Heilpern, S., 2003. "A rank-dependent generalization of zero utility principle," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 67-73, August.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1989. "Maxmin Expected Utility with Non-Unique Prior," Post-Print hal-00753237, HAL.
- Denuit Michel & Dhaene Jan & Goovaerts Marc & Kaas Rob & Laeven Roger, 2006. "Risk measurement with equivalent utility principles," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 1-25, July.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-587, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Gerber, Hans U., 1985. "On additive principles of zero utility," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 249-251, October.
- Gerber, Hans U., 1974. "On Additive Premium Calculation Principles," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 215-222, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)