Weighted risk capital allocations
By extending the notion of weighted premium calculation principles, we introduce weighted risk capital allocations, explore their properties, and develop computational methods. When achieving these goals, we find it particularly fruitful to relate the weighted allocations to general Stein-type covariance decompositions, which are of interest on their own.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haim Shalit & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1994. "Marginal Conditional Stochastic Dominance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 670-684, May.
- Furman, Edward & Landsman, Zinoviy, 2005. "Risk capital decomposition for a multivariate dependent gamma portfolio," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 635-649, December.
- Damir Filipović & Michael Kupper, 2008. "Optimal Capital And Risk Transfers For Group Diversification," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 55-76.
- Tsanakas, Andreas & Barnett, Christopher, 2003. "Risk capital allocation and cooperative pricing of insurance liabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 239-254, October.
- Shaun, Wang, 1995. "Insurance pricing and increased limits ratemaking by proportional hazards transforms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-54, August.
- Mathai, A. M. & Moschopoulos, P. G., 1991. "On a multivariate gamma," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 135-153, October.
- J. Dhaene & R. J. A. Laeven & S. Vanduffel & G. Darkiewicz & M. J. Goovaerts, 2008. "Can a Coherent Risk Measure Be Too Subadditive?," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(2), pages 365-386.
- Furman, Edward & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2008. "Weighted premium calculation principles," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 459-465, February.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Tang, Qihe, 2004.
"A comonotonic image of independence for additive risk measures,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 581-594, December.
- Marc J. Goovaerts & Rob Kaas & Roger J.A. Laeven & Qihe Tang, 2004. "A Comonotonic Image of Independence for Additive Risk Measures," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-030/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Laeven, Roger J.A., 2008. "Actuarial risk measures for financial derivative pricing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 540-547, April.
- Denuit Michel & Dhaene Jan & Goovaerts Marc & Kaas Rob & Laeven Roger, 2006. "Risk measurement with equivalent utility principles," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 25, July.
- Black, Fischer, 1972. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Restricted Borrowing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 444-55, July.
- Dhaene, J. & Henrard, L. & Landsman, Z. & Vandendorpe, A. & Vanduffel, S., 2008. "Some results on the CTE-based capital allocation rule," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 855-863, April.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Schechtman, Edna & Shelef, Amit & Yitzhaki, Shlomo & Zitikis, Ričardas, 2008. "Testing Hypotheses About Absolute Concentration Curves And Marginal Conditional Stochastic Dominance," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 1044-1062, August.
- Tsanakas, Andreas, 2008. "Risk measurement in the presence of background risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 520-528, April.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Heilmann, Wolf-Rudiger, 1989. "Decision theoretic foundations of credibility theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Heilpern, S., 2003. "A rank-dependent generalization of zero utility principle," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 67-73, August.
- Laeven, Roger J. A. & Goovaerts, Marc J., 2004. "An optimization approach to the dynamic allocation of economic capital," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 299-319, October.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:43:y:2008:i:2:p:263-269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.