Longevity risk and the Grim Reaper's toxic tail: The survivor fan charts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivieri, Annamaria, 2001. "Uncertainty in mortality projections: an actuarial perspective," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 231-245, October.
- Renshaw, A.E. & Haberman, S., 2008. "On simulation-based approaches to risk measurement in mortality with specific reference to Poisson Lee-Carter modelling," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 797-816, April.
- Tom Boardman, 2006. "Annuitization Lessons from the UK: Money-Back Annuities and Other Developments," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 633-646.
- Andrew J. G. Cairns & David Blake & Kevin Dowd, 2006. "A Two-Factor Model for Stochastic Mortality with Parameter Uncertainty: Theory and Calibration," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 687-718.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blake David & Cairns Andrew & Dowd Kevin, 2008. "The Birth of the Life Market," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-32, September.
- Li, J.S.H. & Ng, A.C.Y. & Chan, W.S., 2013. "Stochastic life table forecasting: A time-simultaneous fan chart application," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 98-107.
- David Blake & Christophe Courbage & Richard MacMinn & Michael Sherris, 2011.
"Longevity Risk and Capital Markets: The 2010–2011 Update,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 36(4), pages 489-500, October.
- Blake, David & Courbage, Christophe & MacMinn, Richard & Sherris, Michael, 2011. "Longevity risks and capital markets: The 2010-2011 update," MPRA Paper 34279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Blake & Andrew Cairns & Guy Coughlan & Kevin Dowd & Richard MacMinn, 2013. "The New Life Market," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(3), pages 501-558, September.
- Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ralph Rogalla & Vasily Kartashov, 2013.
"Lifecycle Portfolio Choice With Systematic Longevity Risk and Variable Investment—Linked Deferred Annuities,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(3), pages 649-676, September.
- Vasily Kartashov & Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ralph Rogalla, 2011. "Lifecycle Portfolio Choice with Systematic Longevity Risk and Variable Investment-Linked Deferred Annuities," NBER Working Papers 17505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blake, David & Brockett, Patrick & Cox, Samuel & MacMinn, Richard, 2011. "Longevity risk and capital markets: The 2009-2010 update," MPRA Paper 28868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yang, Sharon S. & Wang, Chou-Wen, 2013. "Pricing and securitization of multi-country longevity risk with mortality dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 157-169.
- Bohm, Thomas & Waldvogel, Felix, 2012. "Etablierung eines außerbörslichen Kapitalmarktes für das Langlebigkeitsrisiko," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2012-02, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- Tomas Cipra, 2010. "Securitization of Longevity and Mortality Risk," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(6), pages 545-560, December.
- Blake, David & Cairns, Andrew & Dowd, Kevin, 2008. "Turning pension plans into pension planes: What investment strategy designers of defined contribution pension plans can learn from commercial aircraft designers," MPRA Paper 33749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin, Tzuling & Tzeng, Larry Y., 2010. "An additive stochastic model of mortality rates: An application to longevity risk in reserve evaluation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 423-435, April.
- Cannon, Edmund & Tonks, Ian, 2016. "Cohort mortality risk or adverse selection in annuity markets?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 68-81.
- Fujisawa Yosuke & Li Johnny Siu-Hang, 2011. "IFRS Convergence: The Role of Stochastic Mortality Models in the Disclosure of Longevity Risk for Defined Benefit Plans," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Kevin Dowd & David Blake & Andrew J. G. Cairns, 2016. "The Myth of Methuselah and the Uncertainty of Death: The Mortality Fan Charts," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-7, July.
- Kogure, Atsuyuki & Kurachi, Yoshiyuki, 2010. "A Bayesian approach to pricing longevity risk based on risk-neutral predictive distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 162-172, February.
- Li, Johnny Siu-Hang & Chan, Wai-Sum, 2011. "Time-simultaneous prediction bands: A new look at the uncertainty involved in forecasting mortality," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 81-88, July.
- Blake, David & Boardman, Tom & Cairns, Andrew, 2010. "Sharing longevity risk: Why governments should issue longevity bonds," MPRA Paper 34184, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:42:y:2008:i:3:p:1062-1066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.