Follow-my-leader FDI and tacit collusion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Markusen, James R, 1987. "Strategic Investments and the Development of Multinationals," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 109-121, February.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Motta, Massimo, 1992. "Multinational firms and the tariff-jumping argument : A game theoretic analysis with some unconventional conclusions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1557-1571, December.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1992. "Endogenous market structures in international trade (natura facit saltum)," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 109-129, February.
- Buckley, Peter J & Casson, Mark, 1981. "The Optimal Timing of a Foreign Direct Investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 75-87, March.
- Smith, Alasdair, 1987. "Strategic investment, multinational corporations and trade policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 89-96.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1990. "Multimarket Contact and Collusive Behavior," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Chwo-Ming J Yu & Kiyohiko Ito, 1988. "Oligopolistic Reaction and Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of the U.S. Tire and Textiles Industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 449-460, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacques, Armel, 2006. "Des firmes multinationales : un survol de la littérature microéconomique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 82(4), pages 643-691, décembre.
- Lee, Ki-Dong & Lee, Woohyung, 2016. "Exports versus export-platform FDI with endogenous wage determination," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 479-489.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2008.
"Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industrywide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 82-98, September.
- S Lutz & O Talavera & S M Park, 2005. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0511, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2006. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 594, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:spr:manint:v:58:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0330-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Collie, David R. & Norman, George, 2013. "Partial Collusion and Foreign Direct Investment," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2013/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Mike Cudd & Marcelo Eduardo & Lloyd Roberts, 2008. "Short-cuts in issuance decisions and subsequent small firm performance," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(3), pages 260-270, July.
- Leahy, Dermot & Pavelin, Stephen, 2008. "Playing away to win at home," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 455-468.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Pennings, Enrico, 2008. "Learning from foreign investment by rival firms: Theory and evidence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1203-1217, September.
- Park, Sang-Min & Talavera, Oleksandr & Lutz, Stefan, 2003.
"The Effects of Regional and Industry: Wide FDI Spillovers on Export of Ukrainian Firms,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
03-54, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lutz, Stefan H. & Talavera, Oleksandr & Park, Sang-Min, 2003. "The effects of regional and industry-wide FDI spillovers on export of Ukrainian firms," ZEI Working Papers B 18-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Tyagi Rajeev K., 2006. "Store Brand Strength," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Collie, David R., 2009. "Tacit Collusion over Foreign Direct Investment under Oligopoly," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/8, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Mooweon Rhee & Young-Choon Kim & Joon Han, 2006. "Confidence in Imitation: Niche-Width Strategy in the UK Automobile Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 501-513, April.
- Carlo Altomonte & Enrico Pennings, 2003. "Oligopolistic Reaction to Foreign Investment in Discrete Choice Panel Data Models," Working Papers 243, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:21:y:2003:i:3:p:439-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.