Productivity differences in the airline industry: Partial deregulation versus short run protection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Schmidt, Peter & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1980. "Estimating stochastic production and cost frontiers when technical and allocative inefficiency are correlated," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-100, May.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C, 1987. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data: An Application to U.S. Class 1 Railroads," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 249-255, April.
- Sickles, Robin C., 1985. "A nonlinear multivariate error components analysis of technology and specific factor productivity growth with an application to the U.S. Airlines," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 61-78, January.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "On the estimation of a flexible frontier production model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-115, May.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Encaoua, David, 1991. "Liberalizing European airlines : Cost and factor productivity evidence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 109-124, March.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Richmond, J, 1974. "Estimating the Efficiency of Production," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(2), pages 515-521, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duygun, Meryem & Prior, Diego & Shaban, Mohamed & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2016.
"Disentangling the European airlines efficiency puzzle: A network data envelopment analysis approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 2-14.
- Meryem Duygun & Diego Prior & Mohamed Shaban & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2015. "Disentangling the European Airlines efficiency puzzle:A network data envelopment analysis approach," Working Papers 2015/04, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Philippe Gagnepain & Pedro Marín, 2010.
"The effects of airline alliances: what do the aggregate data say?,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 1(3), pages 251-276, July.
- Gagnepain, Philippe & Marín, Pedro L., 2009. "The effects of airline alliances: What do the aggregate data say?," UC3M Working papers. Economics we096540, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Philippe Gagnepain & Pedro Marin, 2010. "The effects of airline alliances: What do the aggregate data say?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00622831, HAL.
- Alexandra Groß-Schuler & Jürgen Weigand, 2001. "Sunk Costs, Managerial Incentives and Firm Productivity," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(2), pages 275-287.
- Damien J. Neven & Lars-Hendrik Röller & Zhentang Zhang, 2002. "Endogenous Costs and Price-Cost Margins," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 294, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gagnepain, Philippe & Marín Uribe, Pedro Luis, 2005. "Alliances in the Air: Some Worldwide Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5063, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Fageda, 2005. "Does Airline Competition Work In Short-Haul Markets?," Industrial Organization 0511010, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:16:y:1998:i:4:p:395-414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.