The national and international implications of a decade of doctor migration in the Irish context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas, Stephen & Layte, Richard, 2009. "General Practitioner Care," Book Chapters,in: Layte, Richard (ed.), Projecting the Impact of Demographic Change on the Demand for and Delivery of Healthcare in Ireland Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Hussey, Peter S., 2007. "International migration patterns of physicians to the United States: A cross-national panel analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(2-3), pages 298-307, December.
- Humphries, Niamh & Brugha, Ruairí & McGee, Hannah, 2008. "Overseas nurse recruitment: Ireland as an illustration of the dynamic nature of nurse migration," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 264-272, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Varga, Júlia, 2016.
"Hova lettek az orvosok?. Az orvosok külföldre vándorlása és pályaelhagyása Magyarországon, 2003-2011
[Where have all the doctors gone?. Migration and attrition of physicians and dentists in Hungary," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 1-26.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1007_s10198-016-0854-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gamzu, Ronni & Kaidar, Nir & Afek, Arnon & Horev, Tuvia, 2016. "Physician density planning in a public healthcare system: Complexities, threats and opportunities—The case of the Israeli healthcare system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 920-927.
- Júlia Varga, 2017.
"Out-migration and attrition of physicians and dentists before and after EU accession (2003 and 2011): the case of Hungary,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(9), pages 1079-1093, December.
- Júlia Varga, 2016. "Out-migration and attrition of physicians and dentists before and after EU accession (2003 and 2011). The case of Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1604, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- repec:esr:resser:bkmnext240 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mário Amorim Lopes & Álvaro Almeida & Bernardo Almada-Lobo, 2017. "Physician emigration: should they stay or should they go? A policy analysis," FEP Working Papers 585, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsDoctor migration; Overseas doctor recruitment; Doctor supply and demand; WHO Global Code;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:110:y:2013:i:1:p:29-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.