Premiums and discounts in ETFs: An analysis of the arbitrage mechanism in domestic and international funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Das, Sanjiv R., 2002. "The surprise element: jumps in interest rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 27-65, January.
- James M. Poterba & John B. Shoven, 2002.
"Exchange-Traded Funds: A New Investment Option for Taxable Investors,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 422-427, May.
- James M. Poterba & John B. Shoven, 2002. "Exchange Traded Funds: A New Investment Option for Taxable Investors," NBER Working Papers 8781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agapova, Anna, 2011. "Conventional mutual index funds versus exchange-traded funds," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 323-343, May.
- Eduardo Schwartz & James E. Smith, 2000. "Short-Term Variations and Long-Term Dynamics in Commodity Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(7), pages 893-911, July.
- Delcoure, Natalya & Zhong, Maosen, 2007. "On the premiums of iShares," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 168-195, March.
- Scott W. Barnhart & Stuart Rosenstein, 2010. "Exchange-Traded Fund Introductions and Closed-End Fund Discounts and Volume," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 973-994, November.
- Michael Monoyios & Lucio Sarno, 2002. "Mean reversion in stock index futures markets: A nonlinear analysis," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 285-314, April.
- Hughen, J. Christopher & Mathew, Prem G., 2009. "The efficiency of international information flow: Evidence from the ETF and CEF prices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 40-49, March.
- Blitz, David & Huij, Joop, 2012. "Evaluating the performance of global emerging markets equity exchange-traded funds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 149-158.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1996.
"Cointegration and speed of convergence to equilibrium,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 117-143.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Shin, Y., 1993. "Cointegration and Speed of Convergence to Equilibrium," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9311, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Narat Charupat & Peter Miu, 2013. "Recent developments in exchange-traded fund literature: Pricing efficiency, tracking ability, and effects on underlying securities," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(5), pages 427-443, April.
- Edwin J. Elton, 2002. "Spiders: Where Are the Bugs?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 453-472, July.
- Tse, Yiuman & Martinez, Valeria, 2007. "Price discovery and informational efficiency of international iShares funds," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-15.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Torous, Walter N., 1983. "A Simplified Jump Process for Common Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 53-65, March.
- Laura Andreu & Laurens Swinkels & Liam Tjong-A-Tjoe, 2013. "Can exchange traded funds be used to exploit industry and country momentum?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(2), pages 127-148, June.
- Martin Cherkes & Jacob Sagi & Richard Stanton, 2009. "A Liquidity-Based Theory of Closed-End Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 257-297, January.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange-traded funds; Premiums; Ornstein–Uhlenbeck process;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:25:y:2014:i:2:p:90-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.