Economic analysis of slash pine forest carbon sequestration in the southern U. S
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter J. Parks & Ian W. Hardie, 1995. "Least-Cost Forest Carbon Reserves: Cost-Effective Subsidies to Convert Marginal Agricultural Land to Forests," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 122-136.
- Hartman, Richard, 1976. "The Harvesting Decision When a Standing Forest Has Value," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 52-58, March.
- Darius M. Adams & Ralph J. Alig & DBruce A. McCarl & John M. Callaway & Steven M. Winnett, 1999. "Minimum Cost Strategies for Sequestering Carbon in Forests," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 360-374.
- Huang, Ching-Hsun & Kronrad, Gary D., 2001. "The cost of sequestering carbon on private forest lands," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 133-142, June.
- G. Cornelis van Kooten & Clark S. Binkley & Gregg Delcourt, 1995. "Effect of Carbon Taxes and Subsidies on Optimal Forest Rotation Age and Supply of Carbon Services," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(2), pages 365-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dwivedi, Puneet & Khanna, Madhu & Sharma, Ajay & Susaeta, Andres, 2016. "Efficacy of carbon and bioenergy markets in mitigating carbon emissions on reforested lands: A case study from Southern United States," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1-9.
- Köthke, Margret & Dieter, Matthias, 2010. "Effects of carbon sequestration rewards on forest management--An empirical application of adjusted Faustmann Formulae," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(8), pages 589-597, October.
- Asante, Patrick & Armstrong, Glen W., 2012. "Optimal forest harvest age considering carbon sequestration in multiple carbon pools: A comparative statics analysis," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 145-156.
- Taeyoung Kim & Christian Langpap, 2015. "Incentives for Carbon Sequestration Using Forest Management," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 62(3), pages 491-520, November.
- Andrew Stainback, G. & Alavalapati, Janaki R. R., 2004. "Restoring longleaf pine through silvopasture practices: an economic analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 371-378, June.
- Dwivedi, Puneet & Bailis, Robert & Stainback, Andrew & Carter, Douglas R., 2012. "Impact of payments for carbon sequestered in wood products and avoided carbon emissions on the profitability of NIPF landowners in the US South," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 63-69.
- Susaeta, Andres & Chang, Sun Joseph & Carter, Douglas R. & Lal, Pankaj, 2014. "Economics of carbon sequestration under fluctuating economic environment, forest management and technological changes: An application to forest stands in the southern United States," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 47-64.
- Soto, José R. & Adams, Damian C. & Escobedo, Francisco J., 2016. "Landowner attitudes and willingness to accept compensation from forest carbon offsets: Application of best–worst choice modeling in Florida USA," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 35-42.
- Susaeta, Andres & Carter, Douglas R. & Chang, Sun Joseph & Adams, Damian C., 2016. "A generalized Reed model with application to wildfire risk in even-aged Southern United States pine plantations," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 60-69.
- Stainback, G. Andrew & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R., 2002. "Fire Risk and the Economics of Sequestering Carbon in Forests," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19629, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ekholm, Tommi, 2016. "Optimal forest rotation age under efficient climate change mitigation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 62-68.
- Matta, Jagannadha R. & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R. & Stainback, George A., 2009. "Effect of conserving habitat for biodiversity on optimal management of non-industrial private forests in Florida," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 223-235, December.
- Keefe, K. & Alavalapati, J.A.A. & Pinheiro, C., 2012. "Is enrichment planting worth its costs? A financial cost–benefit analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 10-16.
- Pohjola, J. & Valsta, L., 2007. "Carbon credits and management of Scots pine and Norway spruce stands in Finland," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(7), pages 789-798, April.
- Tommi Ekholm, 2015. "Optimal forest rotation age under efficient climate change mitigation," Papers 1505.05669, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2015.
- Parajuli, Rajan & Chang, Sun Joseph, 2012. "Carbon sequestration and uneven-aged management of loblolly pine stands in the Southern USA: A joint optimization approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 65-71.
- Susaeta, Andres & Adams, Damian C. & Carter, Douglas R. & Gonzalez-Benecke, Carlos & Dwivedi, Puneet, 2016. "Technical, allocative, and total profit efficiency of loblolly pine forests under changing climatic conditions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 106-114.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:28:y:2017:i:c:p:18-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brainard, Julii & Bateman, Ian J. & Lovett, Andrew A., 2009. "The social value of carbon sequestered in Great Britain's woodlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1257-1267, February.
- Markowski-Lindsay, Marla & Stevens, Thomas & Kittredge, David B. & Butler, Brett J. & Catanzaro, Paul & Dickinson, Brenton J., 2011. "Barriers to Massachusetts forest landowner participation in carbon markets," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 180-190.
- Matthies, Brent D. & Valsta, Lauri T., 2016. "Optimal forest species mixture with carbon storage and albedo effect for climate change mitigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 95-105.
- Price, Colin & Willis, Rob, 2011. "The multiple effects of carbon values on optimal rotation," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 298-306, August.
- A. Nyong & F. Adesina & B. Osman Elasha, 2007. "The value of indigenous knowledge in climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies in the African Sahel," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 787-797, June.
More about this item
Keywordscarbon sequestration global warming slash pine optimal rotation timber supply;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:8:y:2002:i:2:p:105-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.