Measuring the costs of short-termism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-1051, September.
- Goetzmann, William N. & Ibbotson, Roger G. & Peng, Liang, 2001.
"A new historical database for the NYSE 1815 to 1925: Performance and predictability,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-32, January.
- William N. Goetzmann & Roger G. Ibbotson & Liang Peng, 2000. "A New Historical Database For The NYSE 1815 To 1925: Performance And Predictability," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm154, Yale School of Management.
- William N. Goetzmann & ROGER G. IBBOTSON & LIANG PENG, 2004. "A New Historical Database For The NYSE 1815 To 1925: Performance And Predictability," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm5, Yale School of Management.
- M. R. Wickens, 1982. "The Efficient Estimation of Econometric Models with Rational Expectations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 55-67.
- Fabio Braggion & Lyndon Moore, 2011.
"Dividend Policies in an Unregulated Market: The London Stock Exchange, 1895--1905,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(9), pages 2935-2973.
- Braggion, F. & Moore, L., 2008. "Dividend Policies in an Unregulated Market : The London Stock Exchange 1895-1905," Discussion Paper 2008-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2005.
"The economic implications of corporate financial reporting,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 3-73, December.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Shiva Rajgopal, 2004. "The Economic Implications of Corporate Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 10550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cuthbertson, Keith & Hayes, Simon & Nitzsche, Dirk, 1997. "The Behaviour of UK Stock Prices and Returns: Is the Market Efficient?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 986-1008, July.
- Black, Angela & Fraser, Patricia, 2002. "Stock market short-termism--an international perspective," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 135-158, April.
- Miles, David, 1993. "Testing for Short Termisn in the UK Stock Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(421), pages 1379-1396, November.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 1989. "Efficient Capital Markets, Inefficient Firms: A Model of Myopic Corporate Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 655-669.
- Bernstein, Shai, 2012. "Does Going Public Affect Innovation?," Research Papers 2126, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- John Asker & Joan Farre-Mensa & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2011. "Comparing the Investment Behavior of Public and Private Firms," NBER Working Papers 17394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
- Narayanan, M P, 1985. " Managerial Incentives for Short-term Results," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1469-1484, December.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002.
"Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001. "Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence," Bank of England working papers 144, Bank of England.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:oxford:v:33:y:2017:i:1:p:24-48. is not listed on IDEAS
- Delis, Manthos D. & Karavias, Yiannis, 2015.
"Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 13-30.
- Manthos D. Delis & Yiannis Karavias, "undated". "Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy," Discussion Papers 13/03, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Delis, Manthos & Karavias, Yiannis, 2013. "Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy," MPRA Paper 49795, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 2017. "Investing for the common good: a sustainable finance framework," Essays and Lectures 21249, Bruegel.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:280:d:66034 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finsta:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:17-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hiona Balfoussia & Heather D. Gibson, 2016. "Firm investment and financial conditions in the euro area: evidence from firm-level data," Working Papers 208, Bank of Greece.
- Marian Buil & Juan Pedro Aznar & Jorge Galiana & Alba Rocafort-Marco, 2016. "An Explanatory Study of MBA Students with Regards to Sustainability and Ethics Commitment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-13, March.
- Palea, Vera & Biancone, Paolo Pietro, 2017. "Which Accounting Rules for Economic and Social Sustainable Development? Engaging Critically with IFRS Adoption in the EU," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201733, University of Turin.
- Robert Rieg, 2015. "Dynamics of value-based management: does shareholder value cause short-termism?," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 193-224, August.
- Anindya Chakrabarty & Anupam De & Gautam Bandyopadhyay, 2016. "Horizon heterogeneity, institutional constraint and managerial myopia: a multi-frequency perspective on ELSS," International Journal of Business Excellence, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 18-47.
- Pedro Verga Matos & Miguel Coelho, 2016. "Short-Termism In Euronext Lisbon: An Empirical Analysis," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 21(1), pages 49-76.
- Yue Chen & Lingxiang Li & Haizhi Wang & Peng Wang, 2015. "Institutional investors and conservative financial reporting: evidence from China," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(1), pages 161-178, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial economics; Investment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:12:y:2014:i:c:p:16-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.