Testing for Short Termisn in the UK Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharftstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1992.
" Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1461-1484, September.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1990. "Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation," NBER Working Papers 3250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. R. Wickens, 1982. "The Efficient Estimation of Econometric Models with Rational Expectations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 55-67.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Multiperiod Consumption-Investment Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 163-174, March.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 1989. "Efficient Capital Markets, Inefficient Firms: A Model of Myopic Corporate Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 655-669.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1990. "Market Volatility and Investor Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 58-62, May.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1990. "Equilibrium Short Horizons of Investors and Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 148-153, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980.
"On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980. "On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Narayanan, M P, 1985. "Observability and the Payback Criterion," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 309-323, July.
- Mervyn A. King & Don Fullerton, 1984. "The Taxation of Income from Capital: A Comparative Study of the United States, the United Kingdom, Sweden, and Germany," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number king84-1, July.
- Friend, Irwin & Landskroner, Yoram & Losq, Etienne, 1976. "The Demand for Risky Assets under Uncertain Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1287-1297, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marianne Rubinstein, 2001. "Gouvernement d’entreprise et innovation," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(3), pages 211-229.
- E. Philip Davis, 2004.
"Is there a Pensions Crisis in the U.K.?,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 29(3), pages 343-370, July.
- Davis, Philip E., 2003. "Is There a Pensions Crisis in the UK?," Discussion Paper 175, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- E Philip Davis, 2003. "Is There A Pensions Crisis In The Uk?," Public Policy Discussion Papers 03-21, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- E Philip Davis, 2003. "Is There A Pensions Crisis In The Uk?," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 03-21, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Colin Ellis, 2014. "Break-even maturity as a guide to financial distress," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 8(4), December.
- Stephen Nickell & John Van Reenen, 2001. "Technological Innovation and Performance in the United Kingdom," CEP Discussion Papers dp0488, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John, 2003. "The Risk Premium for Equity: Implicatiosn for Resource Allocation, Welfare adn Policy," Working Papers 2003-14, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Angela Black & Patricia Fraser & Martin Hoesli, 2005. "House Prices, Fundamentals and Inflation," FAME Research Paper Series rp129, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Gunther Tichy, 2002. "Informationsgesellschaft und flexiblere Arbeitsmärkte [Information society and flexible labour markets]," ITA manu:scripts 02_03, Institute of Technology Assessment (ITA).
- MacDonald, Ronald & Power, David, 1995. "Stock prices, dividends and retention: Long-run relationships and short-run dynamics," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 135-151, June.
- Davis, E. Philip, 2002. "Institutional investors, corporate governance and the performance of the corporate sector," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 203-229, September.
- Robert Webb & Matthias Beck & Roddy McKinnon, 2003. "Problems and Limitations of Institutional Investor Participation in Corporate Governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 65-73, January.
- Dennis C. Mueller & Mark L. Sirower, 2003. "The causes of mergers: tests based on the gains to acquiring firms' shareholders and the size of premia," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 373-391.
- Segelod, Esbjorn, 2000. "A comparison of managers perceptions of short-termism in Sweden and the U.S," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 243-254, January.
- George Christodoulakis, 2012. "Conditions for rational investment short-termism," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 15-29, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:280:d:66034 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lahiri, Poulomi & Chakraborty, Indrani, 2014. "Explaining dividend gap between R&D and non-R&D Indian companies in the post-reform period," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 268-283.
- Ian Davidson & Chris Mallin, 1998. "The influence of earnings per share on capital issues: some evidence from UK companies," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 305-309.
- Black, Angela & Fraser, Patricia, 2002. "Stock market short-termism--an international perspective," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 135-158, April.
- Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2008.
"Pension Funds And Capital Market Development:How Much Bang For The Buck?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4787, The World Bank.
- Claudio Raddatz & Sergio Schmukler, 2010. "Pension Funds And Capital Market Development: How Much Bang For The Buck?," Working Papers 38, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Feb 2010.
- Marian Buil & Juan Pedro Aznar & Jorge Galiana & Alba Rocafort-Marco, 2016. "An Explanatory Study of MBA Students with Regards to Sustainability and Ethics Commitment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-13, March.
- Grant, S. & Quiggin, J., 2001. "The Risk Premium for Equity : Explanations and Implications," Discussion Paper 2001-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Beetsma, Roel & Peters, Hans & Rebers, Eugene, 2000.
"When to fire bad managers: the role of collusion between management and board of directors,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 427-444, August.
- Rebers, E. & Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Peters, H., 1997. "When to fire bad managers : The role of collusion between management and board of directors," Discussion Paper 1997-69, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Davies, Richard & Haldane, Andrew G. & Nielsen, Mette & Pezzini, Silvia, 2014. "Measuring the costs of short-termism," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 16-25.
- Mosolygó, Zsuzsa, 2010.
"A tőkefedezeti rendszer alapkérdéseinek új megközelítése
[A new approach to the basic issues raised by the PAYE system]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 612-633.
- Pedro Verga Matos & Miguel Coelho, 2016. "Short-Termism In Euronext Lisbon: An Empirical Analysis," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 21(1), pages 49-76.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:103:y:1993:i:421:p:1379-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.