Financial risk tolerance revisited: the development of a risk assessment instrument
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter S. Yoo, 1994. "Age dependent portfolio selection," Working Papers 1994-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Haliassos, Michael & Bertaut, Carol C, 1995. "Why Do So Few Hold Stocks?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(432), pages 1110-1129, September.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Shefrin, Hersh & Statman, Meir, 1985. " The Disposition to Sell Winners Too Early and Ride Losers Too Long: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 777-790, July.
- Hersh Shefrin & Meir Statman, 1993. "Behavioral Aspects of the Design and Marketing of Financial Products," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(2), Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madhu Acharyya & Chris Brady, 2014. "Designing an Enterprise Risk Management Curriculum for Business Studies: Insights From a Pilot Program," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Shafi, Haroon & Akram, Muhammad & Hussain, Mubashir & Sajjad, Syed Imran & Rehman, Kashif Ur, 2011. "Relationship between risk perception and employee investment behavior," MPRA Paper 53849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kiliyanni, Abdul Latheef & Sivaraman, Sunitha, 2016. "The perception-reality gap in financial literacy: Evidence from the most literate state in India," International Review of Economics Education, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 47-64.
- O’Faircheallaigh, Ciaran & Gibson, Ginger, 2012. "Economic risk and mineral taxation on Indigenous lands," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 10-18.
- Mooreland, Jay, II, 2011. "The Irrational Investor’s Risk Profile," Master's Theses 107787, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Shirantha Heenkenda & D.P.S Chandrakumara, 2015. "A Canonical Analysis on the Relationship between Financial Risk Tolerance and Household Education Investment in Sri Lanka," International Journal of Innovation and Economic Development, Inovatus Services Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 7-23, October.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1359-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandip Chattopadhyay & Ranjan Dasgupta, 2015. "Demographic and Socioeconomic Impact on Risk Attitudes of the Indian Investors - An Empirical Study," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(4), pages 601-623, April.
- Lemaster, Philip & Strough, JoNell, 2014. "Beyond Mars and Venus: Understanding gender differences in financial risk tolerance," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 148-160.
- Kavita Chavali & M. Prasanna Mohanraj, 2016. "Impact of Demographic Variables and Risk Tolerance on Investment Decisions: An Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 169-175.
- Shirantha Heenkenda, 2015. "Determination of financial risk tolerance among different household sectors in Sri Lanka," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(11), pages 206-220, November.
- Van de Venter, Gerhard & Michayluk, David & Davey, Geoff, 2012. "A longitudinal study of financial risk tolerance," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 794-800.
- Heenkenda, Shirantha, 2014. "Determination of Financial Risk Tolerance among Different Household Sectors in Sri Lanka," MPRA Paper 67324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheryl Ball & Catherine Eckel & Maria Heracleous, 2010.
"Risk aversion and physical prowess: Prediction, choice and bias,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 167-193, December.
- Sheryl Ball & Catherine C. Eckel & Maria Heracleous, 2008. "Risk Aversion and Physical Prowess: Prediction, Choice and Bias," Working Papers e07-11, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Boaitey, Albert & Goddard, Ellen & Mohapatra, Sandeep & Hailu, Getu, 2014. "Cow-Calf Producer Risk Preference Impacts On Willingness To Pay For Sustainable Breeding Practices," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170231, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- J. Francois Outreville, 2014. "Risk Aversion, Risk Behavior, and Demand for Insurance: A Survey," Journal of Insurance Issues, Western Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 158-186.
- Brian Lucey & Charles Larkin, 2012. "Risk Tolerance and Demographic Characteristics: Preliminary Irish Evidence," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp406, IIIS.
- Liana Holanda N. Nobre & John E. Grable & Wesley Vieira da Silva & Claudimar Pereira da Veiga, 2016. "A Cross Cultural Test of Financial Risk Tolerance Attitudes: Brazilian and American Similarities and Differences," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 314-322.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finser:v:8:y:1999:i:3:p:163-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.rmi.gsu.edu/FSR/FSRhome.htm .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.