The contagion effects of the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from gold and cryptocurrencies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Omane-Adjepong, Maurice & Alagidede, Imhotep Paul, 2019. "Multiresolution analysis and spillovers of major cryptocurrency markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 191-206.
- Stefano Ramelli & Alexander F. Wagner, 2020. "Feverish Stock Price Reactions to COVID-19," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 20-12, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Shaen Corbet & Charles Larkin & Brian M. Lucey & Andrew Meegan & Larisa Yarovaya, 2020. "The impact of macroeconomic news on Bitcoin returns," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(14), pages 1396-1416, September.
- Wenjun Feng & Yiming Wang & Zhengjun Zhang, 2018. "Can cryptocurrencies be a safe haven: a tail risk perspective analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(44), pages 4745-4762, September.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Kang, Woo-Young & Spagnolo, Fabio & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2020.
"Non-linearities, cyber attacks and cryptocurrencies,"
Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(C).
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Woo-Young Kang & Fabio Spagnolo & Nicola Spagnolo, 2019. "Non-Linearities, Cyber Attacks and Cryptocurrencies," CESifo Working Paper Series 7692, CESifo.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Raheem, Ibrahim Dolapo & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2019. "Time-varying dynamic conditional correlation between stock and cryptocurrency markets using the copula-ADCC-EGARCH model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 535(C).
- Bouri, Elie & Molnár, Peter & Azzi, Georges & Roubaud, David & Hagfors, Lars Ivar, 2017.
"On the hedge and safe haven properties of Bitcoin: Is it really more than a diversifier?,"
Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 192-198.
- Elie Bouri & Peter Molnár & Georges Azzi & David Roubaud & Lars Ivar Hagfors, 2017. "On the hedge and safe haven properties of Bitcoin: Is it really more than a diversifier?," Post-Print hal-02000697, HAL.
- Andrei Kirilenko & Albert S. Kyle & Mehrdad Samadi & Tugkan Tuzun, 2017. "The Flash Crash: High-Frequency Trading in an Electronic Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 967-998, June.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian & Urquhart, Andrew & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies as a financial asset: A systematic analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 182-199.
- Corbet, Shaen & Meegan, Andrew & Larkin, Charles & Lucey, Brian & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2018. "Exploring the dynamic relationships between cryptocurrencies and other financial assets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 28-34.
- Katsiampa, Paraskevi & Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian, 2019. "High frequency volatility co-movements in cryptocurrency markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 35-52.
- Ekinci, Cumhur & Akyildirim, Erdinc & Corbet, Shaen, 2019. "Analysing the dynamic influence of US macroeconomic news releases on Turkish stock markets," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 155-164.
- Gil-Alana, Luis Alberiko & Abakah, Emmanuel Joel Aikins & Rojo, María Fátima Romero, 2020. "Cryptocurrencies and stock market indices. Are they related?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Akyildirim, Erdinc & Corbet, Shaen & Efthymiou, Marina & Guiomard, Cathal & O'Connell, John F. & Sensoy, Ahmet, 2020. "The financial market effects of international aviation disasters," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
- Robert A. Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2012. "A Dysfunctional Role Of High Frequency Trading In Electronic Markets," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(03), pages 1-15.
- Corbet, Shaen & Dowling, Michael & Cummins, Mark, 2015. "Analyst recommendations and volatility in a rising, falling, and crisis equity market," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 187-194.
- Liu, Weiyi, 2019. "Portfolio diversification across cryptocurrencies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 200-205.
- Katsiampa, Paraskevi & Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian, 2019. "Volatility spillover effects in leading cryptocurrencies: A BEKK-MGARCH analysis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 68-74.
- Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian & Peat, Maurice & Vigne, Samuel, 2018. "Bitcoin Futures—What use are they?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 23-27.
- Shaen Corbet & Yang (Greg) Hou & Yang Hu & Brian Lucey & Les Oxley, 2020. "Aye Corona! The Contagion Effects of Being Named Corona During the COVID-19 Pandemic," Working Papers in Economics 20/04, University of Waikato.
- Ramelli, Stefano & Wagner, Alexander F, 2020. "Feverish Stock Price Reactions to COVID-19," CEPR Discussion Papers 14511, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mircea Constantin Șcheau & Simona Liliana Crăciunescu & Iulia Brici & Monica Violeta Achim, 2020. "A Cryptocurrency Spectrum Short Analysis," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-16, August.
- Ahmed, Shehar Yar, 2020. "Impact of COVID-19 on Performance of Pakistan Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 101540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ender Demir & Mehmet Huseyin Bilgin & Gokhan Karabulut & Asli Cansin Doker, 2020. "The relationship between cryptocurrencies and COVID-19 pandemic," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 10(3), pages 349-360, September.
- Corbet, Shaen & Hou, Yang (Greg) & Hu, Yang & Larkin, Charles & Oxley, Les, 2020. "Any port in a storm: Cryptocurrency safe-havens during the COVID-19 pandemic," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 194(C).
- Zaremba, Adam & Kizys, Renatas & Aharon, David Y. & Demir, Ender, 2020. "Infected Markets: Novel Coronavirus, Government Interventions, and Stock Return Volatility around the Globe," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(C).
- Lyócsa, Štefan & Baumöhl, Eduard & Výrost, Tomáš & Molnár, Peter, 2020. "Fear of the coronavirus and the stock markets," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(C).
- Conlon, Thomas & McGee, Richard, 2020. "Safe haven or risky hazard? Bitcoin during the Covid-19 bear market," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(C).
- Sharif, Arshian & Aloui, Chaker & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2020. "COVID-19 pandemic, oil prices, stock market, geopolitical risk and policy uncertainty nexus in the US economy: Fresh evidence from the wavelet-based approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Sanjay Kumar Rout, 2020. "Spillover of Financial Innovations during Covid-19: A Cross-Country Analysis," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 8(4), pages 298-318, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCOVID-19; Coronavirus; Contagion; Stock market; Sentiment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:35:y:2020:i:c:s1544612320304098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.