Exploring CSR and financial performance of full-service and low-cost air carriers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami, Omrane & Kwok, Chuck C.Y. & Mishra, Dev R., 2011. "Does corporate social responsibility affect the cost of capital?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2388-2406, September.
- Menguc, Bulent & Ozanne, Lucie K., 2005. "Challenges of the "green imperative": a natural resource-based approach to the environmental orientation-business performance relationship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 430-438, April.
- Windsor, Duane, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility and irresponsibility: A positive theory approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1937-1944.
- Kim, Yongtae & Li, Haidan & Li, Siqi, 2014. "Corporate social responsibility and stock price crash risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-13.
- Borghesi, Richard & Houston, Joel F. & Naranjo, Andy, 2014. "Corporate socially responsible investments: CEO altruism, reputation, and shareholder interests," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 164-181.
- Tsai, Wen-Hsien & Hsu, Jui-Ling, 2008. "Corporate social responsibility programs choice and costs assessment in the airline industryâ€”A hybrid model," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 188-196.
- Saeidi, Sayedeh Parastoo & Sofian, Saudah & Saeidi, Parvaneh & Saeidi, Sayyedeh Parisa & Saaeidi, Seyyed Alireza, 2015. "How does corporate social responsibility contribute to firm financial performance? The mediating role of competitive advantage, reputation, and customer satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 341-350.
- Seo, Kwanglim & Moon, Joonho & Lee, Seoki, 2015. "Synergy of corporate social responsibility and service quality for airlines: The moderating role of carrier type," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 126-134.
- Chen, Ester & Gavious, Ilanit, 2015. "Does CSR have different value implications for different shareholders?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 29-35.
- Jill Brown & William Forster, 2013. "CSR and Stakeholder Theory: A Tale of Adam Smith," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 301-312, January.
- repec:eee:touman:v:38:y:2013:i:c:p:20-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward Nelling & Elizabeth Webb, 2009. "Corporate social responsibility and financial performance: the “virtuous circle” revisited," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 197-209, February.
- Urs von Arx & Andreas Ziegler, 2014. "The effect of corporate social responsibility on stock performance: new evidence for the USA and Europe," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 977-991, June.
- Pradit Withisuphakorn & Pornsit Jiraporn, 2016. "The effect of firm maturity on corporate social responsibility (CSR): do older firms invest more in CSR?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 298-301, March.
- Kee H. Chung & Stephen W. Pruitt, 1994. "A Simple Approximation of Tobin's q," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Alan Gregory & Julie Whittaker & Xiaojuan Yan, 2016. "Corporate Social Performance, Competitive Advantage, Earnings Persistence and Firm Value," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1-2), pages 3-30, January.
- Hagmann, Carmen & Semeijn, Janjaap & Vellenga, David B., 2015. "Exploring the green image of airlines: Passenger perceptions and airline choice," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 37-45.
- Wang, Qi & Wu, Chong & Sun, Yang, 2015. "Evaluating corporate social responsibility of airlines using entropy weight and grey relation analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 55-62.
- Chiuling Lu & Ann Yang & Jui-Feng Huang, 2015. "Bankruptcy predictions for U.S. air carrier operations: a study of financial data," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(3), pages 574-589, July.
- Ding, David K. & Ferreira, Christo & Wongchoti, Udomsak, 2016. "Does it pay to be different? Relative CSR and its impact on firm value," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 86-98.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility; Financial performance; Full-service air carrier; Low-cost air carrier; International aviation industry;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:291-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.